Things I wish I did before rny

maimeem71
on 3/12/14 4:38 pm - ID

I wish I went and ate the juiciest hamburger and fries with a huge drink. ( they will never taste the same) 

Took a better before picture and saved it to see how far I have come. ( I hated pictures before).

Having rny was a long hard journey but so worth it cause Now I can look in the mirror and see myself looking back at me. 

PetHairMagnet
on 3/12/14 9:07 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM Pacific Time, maimeem71 wrote:

I wish I went and ate the juiciest hamburger and fries with a huge drink. ( they will never taste the same) 

Took a better before picture and saved it to see how far I have come. ( I hated pictures before).

Having rny was a long hard journey but so worth it cause Now I can look in the mirror and see myself looking back at me. 

Did you not have many, many burgers, fries and drinks? I do not think one specific burger and fries would be of any difference years later.

You literally do not have a single photo of yourself pre-op?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

maimeem71
on 3/15/14 6:42 am - ID

I'm barely 5' 2'm and weighed 240 I hated to be in pictures because I felt so fat and when I saw myself in a photo I could see how big I looked. That's why I do not have pics posted which I know slit of people who want to have rny can relate to. I had many hamburgers but being about two years out of surgery I can only have a dollar hamburger cause they are usually smaller and I have to take a bun off and I can only eat like half if it. So hence a big juicy hamburger like a whopper from Burger King will never taste the same. 

DeDication
on 3/15/14 11:48 am

I have noticed on here that some people feel the need to unload their feelings on some peoples posts in a not so nice way ( all for lack of better words ), no need to explain. I understood just from what you said about the big juicy hamburger.. etc and I also had my own feelings towards it. I completely get your feelings. I am so happy for you that you are as successful as you have become with the surgery!! Those feelings I am sure will go away at some point but at least you are able to have some of those items and still maintain!!

Best Wishes!!

maimeem71
on 3/16/14 9:27 am - ID

Thank you for your reply and it's so true. I've seen other people having to really diet hard to maintain the weight loss and I'm glad I can have a few bites of yummy things. I'm prego right now so my cravings are crazy strong lol 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/16/14 11:01 am, edited 3/16/14 11:02 am - OH

FWIW, every now and then I have a craving for a big, juicy hamburger (as opposed to a nasty small fast food burger), so I get one.  I take one or two bites of the whole thing -- bun, lettuce, onion, and whatever else it has on it -- and then I eat just whatever amount of meat that I can (and save the rest for later).  

I understand that you cannot eat as much, but why would two or three bites not taste the same as before?

Since I only have one maybe once every couple of months, it actually tastes better than it did before surgery!   I do, though, see PHM's point about the fact that even if you HAD eaten one more burger pre-op, you probably would not have had the appreciation for it that you think you would have now that you are looking back from your new perspective.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Patm
on 3/12/14 11:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good post but purple is hard to read

maimeem71
on 3/15/14 6:46 am - ID

Sorry it was just a cute color. My friend who had rny before me told me go eat a whopper meal before my surgery because it will never taste the same and I've been craving it forever but know there is no point in getting one cause I won't enjoy it. Sounds dumb but it was just on my mind

MsBatt
on 3/15/14 4:18 pm

You could enjoy a couple of bites.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/17/14 6:49 am

I eat good Burger's not crap burger like Burger King.  I can eat about half with all the stuff on it I like and some yummy sweet potato fries and wear size 4-6 while doing it.  Heaven!

Food taste better when you aren't worried that everyone is watching you eat it or mocking you for being the fattest person in the room.  Not sure why you aren't enjoying food now. 

Most Active