Say hello and introduce yourself!

lisaglasgow
on 4/1/14 3:47 am - OH
VSG on 04/03/14

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

Today I am at 245 and I am being sleeved in 2 days... thrusday 4/3/14... i am so excited !!!

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

My goal is to get healthy, be able to run across the road to get a chicken if i want to ... my goal is 130...

never have been someone that likes to work out and loves sugar, so this is going is GOING TO CHANGE... i wont go back...

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

dont have many at this time, but i will say that the people that have emailed me upbeat notes when it was so hard to get started on the 2 week pre op diet... where a huge help

Lisa

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:25 am - Portsmouth, OH

Hey, how are you doing after surgery?

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

MyLady Heidi
on 4/1/14 5:11 am

Hi Sarah,

I joined OH ten years ago and have been posting ever since to keep myself on track.   My nine year anniversary is this Saturday.  I have worked hard to stay at my personal goal, maintaining it for life is my ongoing challenge and will be forever.  Eating is always going to be a challenge since it was very easy for me to get MO in the first place and I am sure it would be again if I let all the old habits creep back in.  Thankfully RNY keeps me honest by making me sick if I eat unhealthy foods.  It has really been a miracle for me.  Wearing a normal size and being able to shop in 5 inch heels is just the bomb.  It is a very personal experience for me, I have created a way of eating that works for me based on how and when I want to eat.

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:27 am - Portsmouth, OH

Yes it's important to find what works best for us as individuals.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

sperez2j
on 4/1/14 5:45 am - Austin, TX

Hi my name is Sarah.

I am currently approved for the sleeve, and will be having surgery in less than a week .(April 7th)

My current goals are to be happy with myself, and be healthy. I am excited to see what life has in store for me after this surgery. Any tips would be helpful.

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:31 am - Portsmouth, OH

Hi Sarah (with an H...the correct way),

How are you doing after surgery? That was my surgery date too...11 years ago. Check back in when you can....

Hmmm...tips. Small steps and small sips. Surgeons have guidelines, do your best to follow them, but don't beat yourself if you don't reach them all right at first...like how much water...etc... sip sip sip.

gammiepat
on 4/2/14 10:21 am

Hi, I had weight loss surgery 7 years ago, I had gastric bypass done by Dr. Singh in Albany New York. I lost 127 pounds. In the past 1 1/2 years I have gained about 20 pounds I'm in the process of taking that off now. I would like to start using Obesity help more often. I'm thrilled I had the surgery but you have to know that it is only a tool. I can remember people saying that's the easy way out NO it's not, you have to work at it. If you have any questions let me know.

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:37 am - Portsmouth, OH

If losing weight was easy there would be no one overweight...right? Nothing in healthcare/medical is easy either....

gammiepat
on 4/2/14 10:24 am

I have a question a co-worker is having RNY this summer and she previously had the sleeve, has anyone had a revision after the sleeve?

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:34 am - Portsmouth, OH

Yes, some have had revisions after every type of WLS. There is a revisions forum here if you want to give her the link... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/

Most Active