Lettuce??

EJmommy
on 4/28/14 12:05 pm

I am 7 days post VSG and I was reading through the diet given to me by my surgeon.  After week 5 he is saying no salad.  Can someone give me some insight please???

AnneGG
on 4/28/14 12:57 pm

Work with your doctor's plan, please. Ask him or his nutritionist re: clearing up your understanding of his recommendations.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 4/28/14 9:37 pm - OH

I have no idea why he would say no salad after week five.  I suggest calling him and asking.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Patm
on 4/29/14 12:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Lettuce and other things put into a salad can be hard to digest. Salad is a broad term and can mean any combination of things. I would stick to his recommendations. You trusted him to do surgery on you why not trust him to know what you should eat at this point

Most Active