Protein Powder choices to mix with water!!

Kim Farfan
on 7/18/14 2:04 pm
DS on 10/14/14

Hello  

Need advice on flavors/Brands tolerated for protein powders to mix with water. I am definitely a Newbie!! Upcoming week have to start Liquid Diet. Along with 3-5 times a day with 2-3 oz water.  Any suggestions will help. 

kathkeb
on 7/18/14 3:40 pm

I liked Unjury (www.unjury.com) because I could purchase single serve packets and try a lot of favors.

I usually mixed the chocolate powder with about 2 ounces of coffee and the res****er .. Made a mocha flavored shake and the coffee seemed to take the edge off of the protein/sweet taste.

Unjury makes a 'flavorless' powder that can be mixed into warm soup or other liquids to increase their protein content.  It is not tasteless, there is still a bit of taste to it, but i masked the flavor of it by mixing with chicken soup and a little salsa.

Kath

poet_kelly
on 7/18/14 7:57 pm - OH

why only two to three ounces of water?  That would make a very thick, strong-tasting shake.  Ick.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kim Farfan
on 7/19/14 1:31 am
DS on 10/14/14

Yes I agree of yuk. Dr's orders 

poet_kelly
on 7/19/14 2:12 am - OH

Why would your doctor order you to mix your protein with so little water?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jennyq88
on 7/18/14 9:54 pm

My favorite is carnation but there are a few types...I was directed to get the kind in the blue box that has the correct calories to protein ratio. Its not as saccharine sweet as some of the drinks are. I bought a variety of extracts (mint and coconut are my favorite to add a bit of flavor. Sometimes i add a sugar free cherry popsicle and/or several ice cubes then let it whir in my bullet to make an extra cold refreshing drink. 

jennyq88
on 7/18/14 9:58 pm

I just realized that you asked about a powder that you can mix with h20....carnation is something i add lactose free non fat milk to...so you may want to disregard my former post. Although bare in mind the extracts...they've been a great addition that offers variety...

Kim Farfan
on 7/19/14 1:32 am
DS on 10/14/14

Thank you for the suggestions :)

Gwen M.
on 7/19/14 12:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Why water instead of milk or almond milk (my personal favorite)?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kim Farfan
on 7/19/14 1:37 am
DS on 10/14/14

I would love to mix with almond milk BUT my doctor wants me to shed off some pounds so he said water. Lucky me!!

Most Active