How is it?

Thrissy
on 8/11/14 2:09 am

OOOOO ooo Yes I AM NOT THE NORMAL ROYEN Y AS STATED IN POST, I am mearly reaching out to find guidence, support understanding... I apologize to everyone anyone that I scare, offend, bother, make upset over my sharing my journey, That is in no way my intent, I assure you, I want us all to be super Models Hotties, just a lot more Cautions on what and how I give advice changed, 

poet_kelly
on 8/10/14 10:57 am - OH

Weight loss hasn't stopped.  You just aren't going to lose every single day.  That's just the way it works.  If that causes you lots of distress, don't get on the scale every day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gwen M.
on 8/10/14 11:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

More like "totally normal."  If you went into this process thinking that you would lose every day for the entirety of your weight loss phase, you were misled!  Day to day fluctuations happen.  Stalls happen.  Stair step losing happens.  It's all part of the joy of weight loss. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

White Dove
on 8/10/14 11:40 pm - Warren, OH

It will probably take you about one year to get to your goal.  Go the RESOURCES at the top of the page and select POST-OP PLANNER.  Fill in your numbers and it will give you an excellent idea of what to expect in weight loss from now until you reach your goal.  I find the planner very accurate, both after my surgery or if I want to lose a few pounds now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tracy D.
on 8/11/14 12:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're right about the bull**** part - but it's not that the scale stopped moving.  It's total BS that you're letting the number on the scale impact you at all.  Harsh words, I know, but you need to hear them.  The number one WORST indicator of how you are doing on this lifetime journey is the scale.  And if you tie your mood, your behavior or your thoughts to the number it spits out every day then you are in for a very bumpy ride.     

You will NOT lose weight every day...you will NOT lose weight every week...there may even be a month where you don't lose any weight...according to the scale.  But you WILL be losing inches, your body will become more compact, you will build muscle if you are exercising properly.  You will feel healthier and more energetic.  You will sleep better at night.  You will get off meds for any co-morbidities and your joints will sing praises to you!  Your labs will come back with fantastic numbers while your lower blood pressure will astound your doctor.  You will drop sizes like a bad habit and wear clothes you never thought were possible.  You will extend your life by YEARS! 

And in the end, isn't that what it's all about?  I promise you. if you follow your plan and hold yourself accountable for what you put in your mouth on a daily basis, YOU. CANNOT. FAIL.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

JazzyOne9254
on 8/11/14 11:29 pm

Perhaps the additional carbs?

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/14 11:46 pm - OH

Coincidence. Nothing more.  You are just at a point where MANY people experience a stall as the body adjusts no matter what stage of post-op eating they are in.  It still happens to people who start back on soft foods right away and to people who have to stay on liquids for many weeks.

It's good to vent, but -- as already suggested -- try not to allow your focus to be on the scale.  It is natural, and understandable... and we have all "been there"... but it will drive you crazy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kyleesmomma
on 8/12/14 12:03 am

Im right there with you!  My 1 week check up was amazing down 22 pounds and 14 3/4 inches!  Since then nothing! ! My 1 month check up is on the 18th and i can't seem to lose the last pound to meet my one month goal,  very frustrating!  I'm logging my food everyday,  drinking all my fluids, eating all my protein and my calories have been between 600 and 700 always which tech i was never told calorie info.  On average my Sugars are around 10 to 15 carbs seem to not go over 40 ish and the only reason is that high is my yogurt and protein shakes.  Everyone keeps telling me it happens to everyone but I'm definitely over the stall. ... let's get this scale moving again! !

Most Active