HELP GAINING WEIGHT

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 4:20 am

I HAD MY GASTRIC BYPASS 04/2012  WENT DOWN TO 145LBS MOVED TO ANOTHER ESTATE WHERE I CANT FIND THE FOODS I USED TO EAT.  THIS IS A VERY SMALL TOWN AND ONLY HAS FAST FOODS PLACES AND A LOCAL SUPERSTORE ALWAYS EMPTY.  4 HOURS AWAY FROM A MAJOR CITY.  I HAVE STARTED TO EAT SOME FAST FOODS, ALTHOUGH I GET FULL QUICKLY I HAVE GAINED 45 PONDS SINCE OBTAINING MY NEW JOB.  TOTALLY SEDENTARY.  I AM DESPERATE TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT AGAIN AND NOT ONLY DID I GAIN WEIGHT THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME THAT MY ABDOMINAL PAINS WITCH ARE EXCRUCIATING ARE DUE TO A SLUGGISH BOWEL AND A HERNIA THAT IS WRAPPING AROUND MY NEW POUCH.  

MY DIET CONSIST OF A BAGEL WITH CREAM CHEESE AND COFFEE

LUNCH VARIES BUT NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING

MOST OF THE TIME DINNER IS CARBS

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA WHAT TO EAT TO GET BACK ON TRACK

P.S UNANBLE TO EAT COLD FOODS OR REGULAR SALADS THEY GIVE ME HORRIBLE ABDOMINAL PAINS

Cathy W.
on 3/30/15 5:46 am

What is the plan for getting the abdominal pains, bowel and hernia taken care of?  What you're describing needs to be treated asap.  That is a priority!

For the rest of your post.......Since having gastric bypass in 2012 and getting down to 145 pounds, you know what to do.  Eating carbs like you are is not going to get you back on track and lose your regain.  

You have to get back to the basics.  First, you need to get rid of the bagels, cream cheese and dinner carbs. Fast foods are also not going to help you get back on track and lose weight either.  Fast food = junk food.

If you're desperate to lose the regain, you need to go back to what works.  Eat dense lean protein followed by veggies.  Go to the store that is four hours away and stock up on lean protein for a month's supply.  Buy canned or frozen vegetables which won't go bad during the month.  

The foods to get back on track are the same ones you ate when you were losing weight.  Return to those foods and healthy habits. In addition to stocking up for a month, you can order food online too.  Think healthy nutrition for your body.  Instead of using the cir****tances that are difficult as a reason (or excuse) to not eat on track, use them as a opportunity to keep motivated to lose your weight regain. Being on track is up to us and the choices we make.  

You did it before and YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!

Check out these (and lots more) articles on the OH Blog:

5 Key Steps to Reverse Regain

Four Simple Ways to Get Back On Track

No One Is Bullet-Proof for Regain

60 Ways to Avoid Emotional Eating

What To Do After the Honeymoon

I hope your medical issues get taken care of ASAP!  Take care. 

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/30/15 9:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

There's a thread everyday on the RNY board called "What's on your menu?"  You should read it to find out what other people who've had RNY are eating daily.

A bagel with cream cheese is not protein forward.  I'm not surprised that you've gained 45 lbs if that's what you eat for breakfast.  Do they sell eggs in your town?  Chicken?  

What foods did you used to eat that you can no longer find?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/30/15 9:47 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I do hope you get better soon & that you get the proper treatment for your problem. As far as the food goes do you know where the local farms are in your area. Someone might be out there raising chickens/livestock/ growing vegetables & you'll have to get your food there & really learn to cook from scratch, literally!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

nayttap
on 3/30/15 10:07 am
On March 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM Pacific Time, MARIAME wrote:

I HAD MY GASTRIC BYPASS 04/2012  WENT DOWN TO 145LBS MOVED TO ANOTHER ESTATE WHERE I CANT FIND THE FOODS I USED TO EAT.  THIS IS A VERY SMALL TOWN AND ONLY HAS FAST FOODS PLACES AND A LOCAL SUPERSTORE ALWAYS EMPTY.  4 HOURS AWAY FROM A MAJOR CITY.  I HAVE STARTED TO EAT SOME FAST FOODS, ALTHOUGH I GET FULL QUICKLY I HAVE GAINED 45 PONDS SINCE OBTAINING MY NEW JOB.  TOTALLY SEDENTARY.  I AM DESPERATE TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT AGAIN AND NOT ONLY DID I GAIN WEIGHT THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME THAT MY ABDOMINAL PAINS WITCH ARE EXCRUCIATING ARE DUE TO A SLUGGISH BOWEL AND A HERNIA THAT IS WRAPPING AROUND MY NEW POUCH.  

MY DIET CONSIST OF A BAGEL WITH CREAM CHEESE AND COFFEE

LUNCH VARIES BUT NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING

MOST OF THE TIME DINNER IS CARBS

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA WHAT TO EAT TO GET BACK ON TRACK

P.S UNANBLE TO EAT COLD FOODS OR REGULAR SALADS THEY GIVE ME HORRIBLE ABDOMINAL PAINS

If this truly is the case, I'd say you have some serious preplanning to do....filling your freezer with lean and canned proteins when you make that four hour trek.  

You know what it takes to lose the weight and maintain the loss.  Don't allow your cir****tances to become excuses.  

Also, you might be in a gold mine--perfect place to start a decent store, with groceries in stock.

HW:  275;  CW: 155;  GW: 120-135;   Ht:  5'2"

Lap Band 8/2011

Revision to VSG 12/2013

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 10:49 am

Where do you live? What's the town?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 11:59 am, edited 3/30/15 11:59 am

If getting protein from my local Walmart meant finding out when they unloaded the truck and put the stuff in the meat case, I would be there whenever I had to be. Unless your in Siberia, making the case for only eating bagels and carbs is a cop out. If this town is so bad with nutritional needs, then you should take your bagel money and buy some jugs of protein powder online.  

I see you just joined today, speaking in all caps tends to be tedious to read. 

I wish you you lots of luck and success getting back on track 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/15 1:06 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Superstore? Are you in Alberta by any chance? My parents live by a Superstore and its like a Costco...huge. Empty? Hard to imagine. 

What to eat to get back on track...dense protein and green non starchy veggies. Steak and broccoli. Chicken breast. Grilled or baked fish. Really the list is endless depending on what is available in your neck of the woods. If it is so remote that only bagels are around maybe people hunt for meat? Deer? Rabbit? 

Hope the hernia issue gets sorted out. And ditch the bagels and carbs for dinners. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 1:31 pm

Pigeons?

seattledeb
on 3/30/15 4:06 pm

I saw Mr.Zimmerman eating city pigeons tonight. He loved them.

Most Active