4 months post op and always hungry

NikkyBeauty
on 6/25/15 4:03 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I really don't know what's wrong with me but I'm always hungry. It starts around 3pm, and last until I go to sleep! It's not head hunger or acid i feel like I'm starving shortly after I eat! I'm not going to lie I'm not a big breakfast eater I thought that could have something to do with it so for about a week or so I've been having breakfast regularly and still nothing's changed! I can say I was good for about the first 3 months no appetite, no cravings I thought I won the lottery! Now I feel those old feelings of dieting coming back can someone help me out I feel concerned for myself and my weight loss! And I don't drink and eat together I mostly eat protein no carbs like bread,pasta,rice no junk food or sweets!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Ms Shell
on 6/25/15 5:03 pm - Hawthorne, CA

If it "starts around 3pm" that sounds more emotional and not physical.  How often and what are you eating during the day?

NikkyBeauty
on 6/25/15 7:45 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Honey those are no emotions going through my body other than wanting to eat lol! But idk hell that's why I need help! Now if it's emotional how do I find out? and what will make it stop?? 

Ive been doing so good but it's getting harder and harder to ignore the hunger, I feel like I'm on a diet! So should I see a therapist or something? 

Gwen M.
on 6/25/15 7:00 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you taking a PPI such as prilosec or nexium?  

What, exactly, are you eating?  

Can you reschedule your meals so that you're eating a planned meal of dense protein around 3pm?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NikkyBeauty
on 6/25/15 7:51 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I've been taking Prevacid since before surgery! But you know that's maybe a good idea to eat dense protein earlier because it does keep me fuller for longer, because like I said I'm not a big breakfast eater so I keep it light like a yogurt,protein shake or string cheese. I'm going to try to have some dense protein in the morning tomorrow and see if that helps any thanks!! 

Tracy D.
on 6/26/15 8:12 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Prevacid did not cut it for me - and then I found out I was allergic to it.  I had to go with 40mg of Protonix (prescription).  It works like a charm and made all the difference in my "hunger" level.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Luvmygs
on 6/27/15 9:45 am
VSG on 12/04/14

If you eat yogurt in the morning, put some protein powder in your yogurt. My NUT told me if I get hungry after 3PM, try having a protein bar or protein shake. The protein shakes really help me to keep full until dinner.

White Dove
on 6/26/15 1:02 am - Warren, OH

Roast a turkey breast, cut it up and eat that whenever you are hungry.  Eat as much as you want of it.  Get a pressure cooker and cook beef until it is fork tender.  Keep that in the refrigerator and eat for meals.  Drink lots of water.  By concentrating on only dense proteins and cutting out the carbs, you will not be hungry.

Other choices are a ham steak, pork roast, steaks, grilled fish, chicken, or eggs.  Don't eat vegetables, cheeses, yogurts, milk, protein shakes or other sliders.  Eating foods that cause hunger for you is going to sabotage your weight loss.

Surgery only eliminates hunger if you stay full of dense proteins.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NikkyBeauty
on 6/26/15 3:12 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Ok ok great advice!! I notice I only eat dense protein for dinner, I'm going to take a new approach of dense protein for breakfast,lunch and dinner and see how it goes thanks a lot!

N M.
on 6/26/15 10:50 am

I'm 3 months post op, I hope this doesn't happen. I guess Im never hungry because Im always drinking to reach my liquid goal for the day, if anything I am always thirsty and that hour I have to wait to drink after eating is torture lol. How is your water intake, btw?

Most Active