3yrs Post-op and gaining

jennifer W.
on 11/12/15 7:05 pm

My highest weight loss was 180lbs, I had my surgery in 2011. Since then I had my second child and I've not been able to lose. My portions are not controlled and I'm hungry all the time. That 180lbs has gone to 155lbs. 25lbs gained is just so depressing. I'm up a pant size and I just feel awful. Anyone have diets to follow? I do really well when I'm following a specific diet. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
White Dove
on 11/12/15 8:51 pm - Warren, OH

Bounceback weight gain happens whether you get pregnant or not.  The only way to take it off is by eating less calories.  If you want to follow a diet the Atkins induction is a good one for us.  The hunger is from eating carbs and from not eating enough protein. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 11/13/15 8:13 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 13, 2015 at 3:05 AM Pacific Time, jennifer W. wrote:

My highest weight loss was 180lbs, I had my surgery in 2011. Since then I had my second child and I've not been able to lose. My portions are not controlled and I'm hungry all the time. That 180lbs has gone to 155lbs. 25lbs gained is just so depressing. I'm up a pant size and I just feel awful. Anyone have diets to follow? I do really well when I'm following a specific diet. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

lean protein healthy fats and no carbs

Chickenboob
on 11/13/15 10:41 am - Rockland, Canada

White Dove made the same recommendation to me and it was helpful I am back in control.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Cathy W.
on 11/13/15 11:31 am

I've had a couple periods of regain and the only "diet" I will ever do again is going back to the basics that I know work as a WLS post-op. Go back to how you ate when you were losing.  The basics for me is to eat lean proteins first, followed by a veggie salad or cooked veggies, then if I have room, I'll eat fruit or a complex carb of some kind.  

I don't know about you, but for me, every time I was on a diet, I'd stay on it for awhile, get off and regain what I'd lost.  Since having WLS, going back to basics has worked for me.

Just remember that you lost it once, and you can do it again.  You can lose 25 pounds.  Feel good about yourself that you caught it and reached out before you gained more.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

sor09
on 11/13/15 4:14 pm

Back to basics can help, plus logging what you are eating. Using the food list from bariatric lists and bariatric menus should help too. Simple carbs with no to low nutritional values will give you calories and extra weight. Portion control, exercising, hydration, vitamins, low sodium foods should help too. 5-day pouch test can jump start your recovery too. Best wishes.

seattledeb
on 11/15/15 4:40 am

eat protein

track your meal

drink only non caloric fluids. Don't drink anything for 30 minutes after you eat

find support...OH is pretty good.

Know you have a permanent tool already installed. The amount you can regain can also go up.

Deb T.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/15/15 1:09 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

By any chance, are you still breast feeding?  (Not to be too personal!!)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active