100 lbs lost!!!!

Sweetish
on 1/21/16 5:22 am
RNY on 12/12/14

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to say...finally, that I am 100 pounds lighter!  I had surgery in December of 2014.

I started at 290 lbs, 268, the day of surgery and currently weight 168!  

I am a bit discouraged though and need some advice.  I have been at this weight for a little over 2 months now and know I am not getting nearly enough water in.  Also, sugar has crept it's way back into my life.  I swear it is the devil for me.  I am wondering if I will ever reach my goal weight.

I am currently smack dab in the middle of a divorce as well, with two toddler boys.  Can't afford counseling at the moment due to no financial support and working all the time.  My girlfriend suggested I put my weight loss on hold until this is over, so I don't stress about it.

My goal weight is 145-I am 5'6"

Grim_Traveller
on 1/21/16 5:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Congratulations on the 100 pounds lost. That's great.

With the amount you've lost, and being the same weight for 2 months, you are in maintenance. You are burning just as many calories as you are eating. If you want to lose more, you'll have to cut back. You alreading mentioned sugar, but there are probably other things in there as well.

Try weighing your portions and tracking everything you eat. That will help clarify where you are wandering, and what you can do to cut back. It's up to you, though, how badly you want this.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

roxytrim
on 1/21/16 7:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Your girlfriend's suggestion about forgetting your healthy eating habits right now is very misguided.  Don't use the things that are going on in your life as an excuse to slide back into an unhealthy lifestyle.  Life is life and **** happens...it always will.  You need to keep your health together for your boys, your job and most importantly yourself.  

Pull up those big gurl pants and keep on track. You need to preserve your self esteme.

Kathy S.
on 1/21/16 8:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on losing 100 Pounds!!!  Stress is the worst and trying to stay on track in the middle of a stressful time is the biggest challenge.  As everyone has said, get back to the basics.  Try journalling again.  Write what you are feeling when you want to reach for sugar.  Get that junk out of your house!

Try changing up you're eating and find something to do to move.  When I was at my worst stress wise exercise really helped me.  The best is a punching bag.  GREAT FOR STRESS and great workout!

Good Luck to you and goal will happen for you, we believe in you

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sweetish
on 1/22/16 5:29 am
RNY on 12/12/14

Thank you for the motivation and support!  It is just nice to hear that someone believes in me!

Sometimes those words are very hard to hear, especially when you think that most of the people you thought were the closest to you may not have your best interest at heart.  I have found that the people I thought cared the most about me, may actually think differently about me, especially after this surgery I had.

Hard to believe that what someone weighs would actually have a role in how someone feels, not only about me, but about themselves as well.

RevTeresa
on 1/22/16 9:01 pm

Congratulations! you should be very proud of what you have accomplished, especially during a stressful time. I set the timer on my phone to remind me to drink water every 1/2 hour. It also signals me to get up and take a quick little walk. ( other wise I would be tethered to my desk all day long.) Have you tried changing up your workout routine? Sorry to hear about the sugar... just remember you didn't go through all of this to fail. You came this far you can do it. Skip the sugar and add a new exercise.  A healthy life style should NEVER take a back seat. You may not loose weight but you will continue to be healthy. Good luck. 

luxurycouture
on 1/24/16 8:43 am

Don't listen to your friend. If she has never struggled with her weight in the same way as you have, then she doesn't understand. 

You are going to be on the other side of this eventually + won't it be so much better to get through it and still maintain your health?

Our weight loss isn't just about being thin. It's about being healthy. The best thing you can do for yourself is to stay physically healthy during a time that is going to be difficult in so many other ways. It is going to be so much harder to recoup from this tough time if you give yourself another "mess" to clean up. 

Plus, perhaps you'll meet Prince Charming at the gym :)

Chin up. You got this. 

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Sweetish
on 1/24/16 4:39 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

Thank you for your inspiring and helpful words.  Helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Most Active