5yrs post open, RNY. Back to OR Feb 1 for complications.

Tonya S.
on 1/24/16 10:45 am

I had terrific pain after eating in Oct. Cat scan in Nov showed no problem. They did find a 10 cm mass. That was removed my a cancer surgeon, was not cancer!. My bariatric surgeon joined that surgery( 6weeks ago) where he found I had activated bowel at the beginning on my bowel. He removed scar tissue to see if with time it would nitwits. 

Had he give my family the option, they would have let him fix it. Surgery was 35k! I have to pay 20% of that.

I had a upper GI last week, as you could guess, it was abnormal. The bacterium sat in my stomach, very delayed draining. Distended bowel. Now I'm scheduled for a removal of that twisted part. This is a open procedure, several day stay. I wish he would have fixed me the first time.

Surgeons need to look storage whole person, like cost, time off work, etc. Not may employers are patient for two surgeries, each with min 6 week recovery.

This will be likely about 200k, me paying on this this  20% for the rest of my life.

Just venting...

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/16 10:57 am

So sorry to read of your complications and of the tremendous cost to you to fix it. The way we deal with medical care/expenses in this country is simply immoral. i wish you success and fast healing after your upcoming surgery.

NYMom222
on 1/24/16 12:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am glad your health is being taken care of and sorry you can't be happy about it because of the financial burden. Once all the bills come in sometimes you can apply for "charity" help through the hospital. I once had a hospital forgive money I owed them. Good Luck with the surgery.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

coreysmom
on 1/24/16 5:11 pm - Indianapolis, IN

Sorry about your troubles Tonya...how dud they find the mass? And where was it found?

Tonya S.
on 1/24/16 7:08 pm

They found it while doing a cat scan the bariatric surgeon ordered. He was looking for the source of my pain. It was a incidental finding.

It was attached to my female organs. I'm glad it us gone, just wish they would have fixed it all during the first surgery. I'd say he had something else planned with his time.

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
coreysmom
on 1/25/16 4:53 am - Indianapolis, IN

Wow so glad it wasn't cancer!

i am having lower right pelvic pain. Did you have pain in this area?.....I did a oral contrast CT scan as they are thinking it may be a hernia....I think I can now honestly say I wished I would have thought this process through more thoroughly. May seek information on a reversal. 

Kathy S.
on 1/25/16 11:58 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are so glad it was not cancer   Sorry about the cost being such a burden.  Our  health care here in the US is a sad state.  Don't get me started   Try and negotiate with the hospital and see if they will give you a discount. Good Luck to you

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active