Current thoughts on fit2fat2fit

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 8:53 am

I am 22 minutes into the show.

Some thoughts...the trainer gains "only 60 lbs" in 4 months.. How does his hormonal signaling, stomach size and etc differ from the chronically obese.

The trainers "obese" weight is 245 lbs. When I was wheeled into surgery I was 275 lbs.

When you compare the build of the "fat" trainer against the MO client...you can see the "fat trainer" still has pecs whereas the MO client has man boobs.  The fat trainer can still do 3 kartwheels in a row FOLLOWED by a handstand.  I doubt the MO client could.

What do you think?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/16 9:04 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I think this show is disgusting.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/25/16 9:05 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I think the concept is disturbing and not realistic.. I didn'****ch it nor do I plan to. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/16 9:20 am

I think this show is a commentary on society in the U.S. today. It's becoming a social taboo to publicly hate more and more things. So, finding new ways to hate big persons is still okay. I think that it is inherent in human beings to hate something. This provides that.

The 30 seconds I spen****ching the promo was enough to discern to outcome. The things people do to themselves for a chance at fame is another societal problem needing to be brought into specific relief

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 9:36 am

About 30 minutes in...the "Fat trainer" AJ admits that his client "Ray" may be in better shape than he is in. He admits that Ray is strong but cardiovasucular fitness is weak (something that  have observed in myself and other MO people...Not rocket science btw....).

At 44 minutes in (god I love tivo) AJ the "fat trainer" says he  and his client "Ray" are on the same level. Ray has 90 lbs to lose and and AJ has 60 lbs. AJ the fat trainer can do kartwhweels and handsstands...and chin up (I cant even do those skinny so what the hell????). What I do notice is Ray *****es a helluva lot less than AJ.....but AJ is able to do a lot more because he hasnt lost all/most of his fitness in 4 short months. At any rate, if I had a workout partner..I would pick Ray. He has a better attitude and when he comes to his workouts he is there to work out and not complain....

The one thing that AJ has right: is talking to Ray when Ray appears to want to give up on the football field (i.e. "Where is your head at?"). As an MO person with carb addictions that ate a LOT of emotions, I did a lot of "running"/jogging and during those HOURS/DAYS (because they added up to a lot of hours which ='ed days). I spent a LOT of time thinking and working through "stuff". Sometimes there WAS NO RESOLUTION, sometimes there wasn't a happy ending, sometimes there were LIVEABLE endings and sometimes there were HAPPY ENDINGS.

Damn it...this show is 25% on and 75% off.

This is going to be the show that I LOVE TO HATE.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 9:59 am

54 minutes in fat trainer AJ is now almost "normal" and can lunge in excess of 100 lbs (which I havent been able to achieve SKINNY over the past 2 years). He feels stronger than ever before and is a new person.  He is doing all sorts of martial arts/ninja/bootcamp things..but he NEVER lost that ability in the first place (as evidenced by his rope climb/chin up combo, kartwheels and handstand).

One more show..and perhaps this will be off of the tivo list. The trainers arent really MO and never really lose their fitness. At best, it shows that someone "off" their plan/training for four months can come back...

Grim_Traveller
on 1/25/16 11:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I would watch if honey boo boo and Kim Kardashian had a MMA match.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

karenp8
on 1/25/16 2:19 pm - Brighton, IL

Grim,you always make me laugh!

Most Active