Got a date!

z_m14
on 6/15/16 7:22 am
RNY on 07/05/16

The coordinator at my surgeon's office called to schedule a date with me. My surgery is scheduled for July 12, and my second meeting with my surgeon is June 29. I guess I have to have an EKG, chest x-ray, and bloodwork done at the June 29th appointment. She also told me that I need to do a two-week liquid diet. I am a little nervous about that part, but it will be worth it in the end.

So excited!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/15/16 7:28 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Congrats! Will be here before you know it :D

Dont have much input on the liquid diet, but whatever your preop routine will be its worth it, no matter how difficult it may be :)

Use it as a proving ground for yourself that you are ready and committed to the life long changes you must make post op :D

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Kathy S.
on 6/15/16 8:21 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/16 8:40 am - CA

Congratulations on your surgery date!   I was fortunate enough not to have a preop liquid diet (surgery in 2001), but I know most surgeons do this now for obvious reasons.   OH just published this article today, thought I would share it with you just in case you had not seen it or had questions.    You are right, this will all be worth it in the end be sure to keep us updated on your progress! 

~Nik

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 9:51 am

This is wonderful news, congrats on getting a surgery date!!  Yes the pre-op diet is tough but very well worth it.   You can do it, just keep your eyes on the prize.

Most Active