A new appreciation for skinny women

peachpie
on 7/27/17 9:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

The post was odd from the start- no one drew it there-- you started it there.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/27/17 9:44 am

but size 12 is not large - it is below US average. It is medium to large in regular sizes.

so you writing as large as 12.. indicate that size 12 is a size of "larger woman".

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/27/17 9:53 am
VSG on 08/29/16

You are 100% correct. Im sorry if people are interpreting my post as saying that a size 12 is large. What I was saying was the largest that I ever dated was a size 12 and I always wanted to date larger women. Meaning larger than a size 12 by a large amount. I don't consider a size 12 large at all.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/27/17 9:47 am
On July 27, 2017 at 5:50 AM Pacific Time, Highfunctioningfatman wrote:

First a clarification. I am happily married to my beautiful wife.

I've always found women with curves to be quite beautiful. When I was dating I always wanted to date bigger women but it never happened. A size 12 was the largest girl that I dated. I still find women with curves to be beautiful but vsg has brought a perspective on my part. I have a new found appreciation for skinny women. It actually surprises me.

I just found this interesting and thought that I would share. Has anyone else had similar appreciation?

This is well below any thing I have see lately from you.

lets forget character, personality... she has curves - you are attracted to her.... until recently that you like skinny women. Also - or in addition to?

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/27/17 9:54 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Not attraction, appreciation there is a difference.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/27/17 10:42 am

I guess you definition of appreciation is different than mine.

ap·pre·ci·ate

verb

recognize the full worth of. "she feels that he does not appreciate her"

synonyms:value, treasure, admire, respect, hold in high regard, think highly of, think much of

"the college appreciated her greatly

So before you VSG you did not appreciate skinny women, like you did not see value in them? you did not appreciate their hard work? or???

English is not my first or even second language, so I may be missing some definitions of words or the way people use them. I have been living in North america for over 25 years, sometimes words mean different things in a different parts of even the USA.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/27/17 9:56 am
VSG on 08/29/16

There appears to be a misunderstanding that I was referring to a size 12 as a large person. That is completely incorrect I do not consider a size 12 large. Sorry for the confusion.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/27/17 10:21 am

Maybe that needs to be a lesson to you that talking about woman size or weight or age is never OK. Like never ever.

Since it can be read and understood in a way some of us saw that. And hopefully that was not your intention.

IMO - never ever do that, in person or in public forums... .

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/27/17 7:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I was just curious as to what your definition of a skinny woman is. I'm guessing it's anyone under a 12 or 10? To me that's not skinny. I guess it really depends on perception. Like I don't appreciate skinny men, any more than I do skinny women. I do appreciate fit men & women than I did b4 because keeping up that level of fitness takes some serious dedication.

I guess I'm saying that I appreciate people for what they do, & that sometimes shows in what they look like & sometimes not.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 7/28/17 5:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Heya T. This is an interesting question - what's the definition of skinny?

Once upon a time I read a tongue in cheek definition of the word "****" which was "someone who is having more sex than you are." I think my definition of skinny is similar - someone who is smaller than I am :D As I get smaller, the people who I consider to be skinny get smaller too! When you think about it, that's sort of sad on my part, because it probably means I will never consider myself to be skinny.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active