Cheating by supplementing HMR entrees with veggies during two week pre-op diet

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/3/19 6:16 am - Burleson, TX

I am late to the party, as usual, but still felt lead to respond...

I have seen SO many posts, like yours, on OH, in past 17 years. Sadly, they usually didn't end well...

You are an adult. You will make your own decisions. With spinach. With vitamins. With Calcium. With Snickers. With Doritos. And nobody will talk you out of it. You will lose weight, the first 6 months, do matter what you eat...

Then you will get discouraged...

You got a Dietician, whom you say is NOT with your surgeon's program, to give you the answer you wanted.

Reread what WHITE DOVE said, in her response. I could never say it better, than she did

Godspeed

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Roselane
on 1/3/19 8:17 am

Thanks for your response, especially the part about it not ending well, that is something I needed to hear.

I wanted to clarify that I didn't find a dietitian to give me the answer I wanted. My surgeon is an hour away and only offers a weekly support group that doesn't work with my schedule, so I need local ongoing support. I have seen this dietitian for over five years and she has helped me to make a lot of positive behavioral and dietary changes and lose some of the weight. Believe me, she has no trouble pushing back when I start making excuses or any other BS.

Thanks again for the advice!

Jenni B.
on 1/3/19 9:02 pm - Las Vegas, NV

I did the HMR 70plus shakes, lactose free for 3 mos before and 3mos after my surgery, I had nothing but successful weight loss at the time, I wanted potatoes and all that stuff, but realized I felt ok without.

~Jenni

3krazykids
on 1/7/19 1:57 pm

I'm in Canada British Columbia our 3 week pre op only consists of Opti Fast drinks water and decaf tea And we are allowed one cup of broth per day no solids at all It's a bit brutal I think it ends up at 800 calories a day aprox .

the drinks are like meal replacement 4x per day makes you want food for sure But I do get to chew sugarless gum

Geminisun1984
on 1/7/19 9:41 pm
RNY on 01/18/19

I am on day 11 of a 3 week total liquid pre op diet of optifast... and when I purchased mine they only had one flavour (chocolate). I would take your mushy, disgusting entrees in a heart beat LOL!! I'm allowed my 4 shakes per day and some clear broth or sugar free jello (as long as it stays under 25 extra calories)

plus side I am down 17 pounds, downside Is ... well, you can imagine!

I just keep telling myself that it'll all be worth it and that my surgeon and all the doctors and nurses and everyone on the team knows what theyre doing and clearly I do not!!

Good luck with the rest of your pre op though, and all the best with surgery and recovery too!!

Most Active