How's your restriction?

Grim_Traveller
on 8/26/19 8:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Julia and I joke about my three ingredient "rule." It's not a rule, but is pretty accurate.

Meat, cheese, bun (or crust). No condiments, sauce, or anything. Meat, couple of fries. Chicken. I once had nothing but ham for nine days. Buy a ham, finish the ham.

I think it makes life easier. It makes tracking much easier. I only have 3 pages of foods in Myfitnesspal.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/26/19 5:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

No condiments? So you've never had truffle aioli? Oh the injustice! I totally get some condiments have too much sugar in it.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Grim_Traveller
on 8/27/19 2:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I don't even know what that is!

I don't like the taste if any of that stuff. Ketchup, mustard, mayo, it all grosses me out.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kathyjs
on 9/1/19 9:54 am

I am the same grim. I can and do eat the same thing for many days in a row. I still after 17? Years have a small pouch so food is something i need to live. Hubby loves pizza sonmaybe once a month i will eat a piece. I am not dieting, i simply can't eat more. I do love to cook for others though

NYMom222
on 8/25/19 6:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I say Popcorn defies the Laws of Physics. Small pouch ... mountain of popcorn.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/26/19 5:42 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yeah I had to cut out skinny pop popcorn. The only thing that got skinny was my wallet!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

MadisonRose
on 8/25/19 10:06 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I'm only 7 months out, but some days I feel as if I could eat a whole lot. Protein shakes and yogurt no longer fill me up. Protein bars satisfies me, but I never feel super full. Dense protein does make me feel the restriction though and if I choose to eat just a few more bites after I feel it I am in a lot of pain. Although some days I can eat more than others. Like yesterday I got super hungry so I decided to eat 2 slices of turkey deli meat which normally doesn't make me feel the restriction too soon. Well yesterday I made it only halfway through the turkey and I was feeling it.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

NYMom222
on 8/25/19 6:38 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

At 5 years out I can eat more. It is a little scary sometimes. Did I have surgery?

The randomness of big pouch days and small pouch days always eludes me...That is why it is essential to learn good habits... the only being able to eat 1/2 an egg won't last forever.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/26/19 5:34 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ahhh, the days of half an egg & full! I haven't had a boiled egg in awhile, but I definitely can eat 2 scrambled eggs, but not much more, otherwise I guess I get into the eating around my sleeve territory.

So far I eat the protein first, then any sweets later. My thinking is that I'll be too full to go nuts on sweets.

Amy R.
on 8/25/19 6:43 pm

Plenty of restriction left over here, but way back even before surgery I saw some documentary that focused on fixing an enlarged stoma and on making sure that we never have to worry about experiencing that particular milestone. So I had decided right out the gate to do everything I could to protect things up in there. Surgeries just never sound as fun as they used to, lol, and I'd prefer staying conscious (sp?)

I'm about 10 and 1/2 years out and I've still got plenty of restriction. But I'll admit that to the extent possible I baby that thing. No desire to test the waters on the stoma stretching side AT ALL for me. We've seen a bit more of those bad choices lately (or I have anyway) and It's a road I'm in no hurry to go down.

So I still have big pouch days and small pouch days like the others. Sometimes DH and I will have fast food if we are both home at the same time and both exhausted. Even then I'll once in awhile get good and pissed off because in the time it took for DH to go get the food, my stupid pouch has changed her mind and two or three bites are too many.

Interesting discussion.

Most Active