How's your restriction?

Amy R.
on 8/25/19 6:23 pm

:smirk:

jmk187
on 8/24/19 5:13 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

6 months out I feel like I can definitely eat more than 8oz of food in a sitting depending on what it is. I am torn because I feel like I can eat n eat protein If i dont have something with it. Someone said they can hoover an entire rotisserie chicken..well I probably could too. But if i have a side with it like salad or vegetables I definitely cant eat much more than 4oz. I tried something I dont usually eat a few days ago..a subway footlong shared with my brother. So a 6inch for me...Before I got home I swore to myself there's no way a 6inch subway will fill me up. I was even telling my brother I should probably get something to go with it...(like i used to do before surgery) but i didn't get anything. and when I got home I was starving...I started eating my half of the sub and i felt the restriction like really quick. This was on a empty stomach. I ate maybe half if that and didn't eat the rest. I am torn because I know its all about the protein first and that is what i have been doing..But honestly I haven't felt restriction like that since month 4 and of course it was with bread. I suppose it's rather pointless being torn since I am a diabetic and cant really eat carbs like that without my BG spiking anyways.

But I will say there is a sleever on Youtube that pretty much eats all the food I used to eat before surgery..and she says just stops when she feels the restriction and it works for her..."clusie" is her channel name. She looks fantastic. I envy her and wish i could be like her.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/26/19 5:58 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

For me, I can't eat the protein with bread, I end up feeling overly full. I'm thinking if I keep pushing it like that I'll go from overly full, to full, to satisfied, to not full, & then end up being in hungry territory. Even though by then it might be more of what my head wants, rather than what my stomach can take.

Maybe you should have the burger wrapped up in lettuce or something like that might help? Or cut up the burger to make them bitesized & dip them in sauce. Well not the sugary sauce, but some kind of condiment to help slow you down & get the restriction signs? IDK, I'm just guessing, 6 months is a long time ago for me, but I think I did stuff like that to slow me down some & get the restriction clues that might've passed me by earlier.

Just be careful with the diabetes thing. I was diabetic going into surgery & I mostly had to wean myself down to the point where now my diabetes is in remission.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

jmk187
on 8/26/19 8:02 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Yeah I do eat the burger with the lettuce wrap. The subway was a cheat day and that 3inch sub I ate was part of my carb allotment for the day. I definitely get being careful with the diabetes..my diabetes was really bad before surgery. I definitely don't make a habit eating carbs like that anymore. I never wanna be on diabetes meds ever again. I'm in remission too but not from the surgery. If I even just eat fruit I Spike like crazy. Even beans.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

mschwab
on 8/24/19 10:11 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Some days I have a small pouch and some days I can eat ALL the food. If I eat dense protein I can only eat about 4 ounces and I am full up. If I lose my mind and eat crap, my pouch does not work. Or rather, my pouch works, but I am not letting it work. I am almost 5 years out and the struggle is real. For all of the newbies out there, I cannot stress this enough. Eat dense protein first and then veg if you have room. Weigh and measure your food. Do not think you can eyeball it or know when you are full. That is the road to disaster. You will hear the vets on OH say this over and over. They are wise. Listen to them and you will avoid heart break. Dismiss their advice and you are taking a risk that you don't need. This gets harder as time passes, which means you need to be vigilant when you are starting out.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Grim_Traveller
on 8/25/19 5:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Restriction really depends on type of food. I can eat 6 to 8 ounces of steak, which has a fair amount of fat. At a restaurant, I can eat a cheeseburger, with bun, but nothing at all on it, as long as it's not one if those ridiculous huge buns. If I choose to eat a half dozen or so fries first, then I can't finish the burger.

I have chicken a lot these days. I eat 7 to 8 ounces if chicken, with nothing else. I don't eat sides, toppings, sauces, or anything.

I don't, but could probably eat crackers all day long. On an occasional movie outing, I can eat what seems to be a bottomless pit of popcorn. I havent had pasta since before surgery.

Once every 5 months or so I'll get a pizza. These are small, 9 inches, about the size of a dinner plate. I get cheese and hamburger on it, no sauce. I can eat three of those slices. I tried a 4th one time and regretted it.

My range of foods is really small. For the last two years or so, about 3/4 of my meals is chicken. Before that, it was mostly steak. Breakfast every day is a protein bar.

I never, ever, drink calories. Zero.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/19 7:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We are virtual sci fi buddies so I say this with love...hamburger on a pizza? Why??

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Janet P.
on 8/26/19 5:48 am

I also always put either meatballs or ground beef on a pizza - added protein!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Grim_Traveller
on 8/26/19 6:37 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It looks like little meatballs, but just meat, no sauce or anything.

Hamburger good. Cheese good. Mmm mmm.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/26/19 7:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Fair point...meat and cheese are the best!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active