Happy Thanksgiving

jmk187
on 11/28/19 5:08 am
VSG on 02/13/19

I know for anyone who has struggled with their weight..This is probably the most stressful time of year.

For the ones that have already had WLS - Don't forget how far you have come and how hard you have worked to get to goal/stay at goal.

For the ones who are in the process of getting WLS - Don't fall into the "it's just one day trap." Because we all know it's not just 1 day..Remember you have an appointment coming up and you gotta make that weight requirement. Don't ruin your chance of getting surgery.

With that said Remember you don't have to wait until tomorrow to "get back on track" if you fall off the wagon. You can get right back on track at your next meal.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

White Dove
on 11/28/19 5:41 am - Warren, OH

My weight loss surgery was scheduled for one week after Thanksgiving 2007. My family planned a very memorable "Last Supper" for me. Everything was to be just the way I loved it and the plan was for me to enjoy everything that I would never be able to eat again.

Then my surgeon had an opening on October 16 and my surgery was over and done with. When Thanksgiving came, I was six weeks out and still mostly on protein shakes. For my big Thanksgiving dinner that year, I had a one inch square of turkey, a teaspoon of mashed potatoes, and six kernels of corn. It took a while to eat that very slowly and I was so full and satisfied.

That does not last and today I will eat a normal size slice of turkey and normal amounts of side dishes. It still looks like a small amount next to others whose Thanksgiving plates will be heaped to the maximum.

I know now that there is no food that I can never eat again, but there are foods that have consequences if I do eat them. When I put things on my plate, I think about how embarrassing it would be to have a dumping incident in front of everyone.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jmk187
on 11/28/19 6:40 am
VSG on 02/13/19

I work in retail and I work today. I purposely don't eat at work or before work because I have found after WLS that diarrhea is too unpredictable. So I won't be eating the big meal today. I will probably just bring 3oz of turkey and some almonds and a mozzarella string cheese. While I don't get dumping syndrome, having a diarrhea attack would pretty embarrassing at work.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

White Dove
on 11/28/19 7:19 am - Warren, OH

Dumping starts for me with a fast heart rate, profuse sweating, and dizziness. It lasts about 20 minutes and then is sometimes followed by the diarrhea. A good reason to avoid the dessert table.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

dreamer1234
on 12/4/19 4:33 am

i actually went to a buffet all you can eat for the 1st time in 14 months since i had RNY & for some really crazy reason i wound up losing 2 lbs afterwards. but i think it had to do with my food choices. i ate alot of lean protein, fresh veggies and stayed away from the fat and sugar and carbs.

jmk187
on 12/6/19 3:08 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Ive been to the buffet a few times post op..and i have come to the conclusion it's just pointless now. I can barely eat anything..plus the food quality isnt that good. When I do go out to eat now its at a place where My brother and I can order off a menu. (he got VSG too). I still cant eat much but the food quality is better and I can take home what i payed for and get another meal(or 2) out of it. About the weight loss you had after a buffet trip..are you still actively losing? If so it probably because of the lean protein and staying on your diet by making good choice. That is one plus side to a all you can eat buffet..The range of choices that make it easy to stay on your diet.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/19 2:31 pm

Lol so true

Willie H.
on 11/29/19 6:01 am
VSG on 08/26/14

"With that said Remember you don't have to wait until tomorrow to "get back on track" if you fall off the wagon. You can get right back on track at your next meal."

So true! How many times have we waited for a Monday???? Are we whacked or what!??

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Most Active