Lumbar back issues?

Melody P.
on 12/27/19 3:33 am - Amarillo, TX

I thought I'd post this in the main forum to see if anyone has experience with anything like this.

my largest bulging disc is 7mm which shocked my physical therapist. I've tried just about everything on my own and my sleeping has been crappy...to say the least. Lots of pain in my left leg and back of course.

any shared experiences is appreciated!

notdamomma
on 12/27/19 6:00 am

I haven't had any xrays or a MRI of my spine to confirm any degenerative issues or bulges/narrowing, but I do have pain in my left leg and low back a lot. I figure most is from the excess weight I have carried for so long, but also the fact that I am aging and my vitamin problems. I got a TENS unit about a year ago and have actively used it to treat my leg/back pain and it has helped considerably. Back pain sucks. I hope you can find some relief other than surgery.

Melody P.
on 12/27/19 8:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I do have a tens unit a friend got me and it helps a bit.

sweetpotato1959
on 12/30/19 10:36 pm

Melody P.

I have a friend who has this ,said hers is hereditary, progressive... she is @ 70. and still active.

. If you sit down and stop that is where you will be.Getting a handle on the inflammation Must be your goal. You need to see a Dr who specializes in restorative medicine. They generally can help with pain management on several different levels...and do a wide range of therapies...IF you can find a good one.. I am not in your area... so don't have any experience there. to help.

keep looking for alternative therapies , like the TENS.. things like lazer light , anti inflammatory herbals could help.. there is a whole long list...of those... plug anti inflammatory herbals/naturals in..a search engine like "duck duck go".... garlic ,ginger...tumeric are three. You may need to see which one or two is most effective for you... Generally herbals have less reactions with medications and are gentler to the stomach/digestive system. Ginger is known for its intestinal benefits.

Once they operate on your back, You will always be "a back patient".

Denise
jenorama
on 12/27/19 8:10 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Over the summer I had two instances of severe back pain due to a bulging disc. I had nerve pain down my right leg, muscle weakness and drop foot. I forget how big my bulge was--4 or 5mm? I was treated with a short, intense course of prednisone for the first round and on the second, I had a shot of Toradol and then more prednisone. In September I had an epidural cortisone shot and so far, so good.

I also have a degree of spondy and my L4 and L5 discs are flat as pancakes. I think it's my L4 that's misbehaving. I have another MRI in the spring which should hopefully show the disc has reabsorbed.

Good luck with your treatment!

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/27/19 8:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good luck to you as well!

Most Active