Need My Community Support Again

skyblue54
on 4/15/20 8:54 am
VSG on 07/25/16

It has been around two years since I have been on Obesityhelp . Make a long story short I have gain more weight back that I have been trying to get off again, along comes these troubling times that is adding to the pressure of stress eating, making it even more challenging. I just need some suggestions, kind words, anything to help me weather this storm. On a positive note I can find some comfort to say that I am still ahead by 65 pounds that I kept off.

notdamomma
on 4/15/20 12:05 pm

I struggled prior to this quarantine time and was just getting back on track when it happened. I have continued to do everything I can to stay on track, but it is hard. When I came back to obesityhelp and vowed to get back on track I started tracking all foods, water and exercise. I am continuing to do that and it is helping, but stress eating does creep in. When that happens I stop and find something to occupy my time. This might sound funny, but I have resorted to coloring and puzzels. I keep a big bottle of water close to me at all times and when boredom hunger hits I drink that. If I fini**** and I am still hungry I will have some protein snack usually a turkey and cheese rollup.

This is a tough time, but just try to remain focused and mindful of your actions. I mindlessly wandered to the kitchen several times when this started and I had to take efforts to stop that. There is also a good amount of resources on this site with helpful articles. Do a search on getting back on track or how to stop emotional eating.

You aren't alone in this and you will get back on track, it will take effort and determination, but you can do it!

Good luck

skyblue54
on 4/15/20 1:51 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Thank you so much for input and suggestions. It always help to know that I am not alone in this battle. Coloring sounds really nice as I have a book with some really nice patterns in it. Yes these are tough time and I pray we all get though them without suffering to much. I will start writing in a journal again also. All of your tips are excellent. Thanks again for responding I feel so much better. Take care.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/15/20 3:22 pm

What works for me, is going back to basics... taking it way back to when I first thought about having surgery and what we went through to be approved. I meal prepped, 2 shakes per day (breakfast and lunch) with a lean protein + leafy green for dinner and then take it even further and go to liquids, soft/mushy foods, then to lean proteins for a bit just to kick myself into gear. The reason I feel this works for me is that food is not important other than for nourishment... not for pleasure, so I need to not put so much emphasis on it. Trying to find other things to do with my time than think about eating food.

Still being under 65 pounds is a great place to be and you are already ahead of the game... you just need to put the pieces together! Best of luck!

skyblue54
on 4/15/20 5:28 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Thank you also. Tomorrow is a new day and I am ready to take it on thanks to help from obesityhelp supporters. I will be checking in from time to time with updates. God bless.

SuMari
on 4/24/20 10:37 am

You've got this! I have heard a lot of people who have already had the surgery say, "go back to basics"... so I'm going to stick with that!

If you do the shopping for your household, you have control over what goes into the cart. If you don't buy it, you wont have the temptation later!

Most Active