1 week check up

Want2beMe
on 8/24/20 4:43 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

I was so anxious for this day, just to see what little progress I've made. I've lost 17 pounds since surgery date which was exactly one week ago today. Glad to hear I can eat puree foods next week. My liquid diet is going just fine and I'm getting at least half hour of walking in daily. My sleep is slowly getting better to, im not waking up all the time at night. So does this good feeling keep coming at every check up?

SuMari
on 8/25/20 10:40 am

Congratulations on being a week out! Thank you for posting your progress as it's a helpful reminder of what to expect!

TheWombat
on 8/26/20 3:40 am
VSG on 06/11/18

That's how it was for me, feeling steadily better over time. Better sleep, more energy!

Teenie
on 8/27/20 1:50 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sure does for at least a year. Then reality sets in and you got to work for it. But looks like your on the right path. Look at you walking a half hour already. You got this.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dee_Caprini
on 8/28/20 10:38 am

Awesome! Congrats on your journey! 17 pounds is amazing! Everything has it's ups and downs. You will have to work on finding happiness in different aspects of this journey. but the goal is to KEEP those good feelings written down for when plateau**** or you find yourself in any sort of doubt. There are ebbs and flows and overall, at least for me, I've enjoyed the ride!

nurl
on 9/1/20 3:45 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Congratulations!!

PuggleDad
on 9/4/20 9:45 am

I'm not quite at the 11 month mark and this has been the most exciting time of my life. Each month I make so much progress, it's a constant high seeing that number on the scale go down, and having to buy smaller clothes over and over again. The first year is so much fun.

Most Active