7 mos post op and WOW

NYMom222
on 5/18/21 2:26 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I think calories are different everyday depending on your choices...beef will have more calories than chicken. I never counted calories while losing, just counted water and protein. I aimed for at least 100g of protein whi*****luded any protein drinks. I do not think there is anything wrong with a little variety in protein... I used to do what I called 'spot checks' of calories on MFP occasionally and record a day. I was in the 750-ish range give or take. Some days could be more if their were some different choices. It is natural for calories to go up the further out you are and it is not a bad thing....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

sweetpotato1959
on 5/18/21 2:51 pm

Exactly, protein and water is what needs to be closely tracked and avoiding carbs. . my goal set by surgeon for protein was 90 grams and as long as i'm near that all is well .. If i pikc up a few lbs.. i go back to the 100 grams and limit carbs to about 35-40 most days. I use no juices, no extra protein drinks and No diet drinks...most of the time. fruit juice i will have no more than one time a week, in 3 oz serv. My surgery was more than 2 decades ago. The tool still works.!

LeonaCR
on 5/18/21 8:29 am

Wow! 170 pounds in 7 months is amazing. Congratulations!

Alexpope
on 5/18/21 9:16 am
RNY on 10/21/20

Thank you.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/18/21 2:44 pm

Alexpope,

You are loosing at the rate which is right for YOU. You do NOT need the negative feedback. Eat your protein avoid your carbs.. you will need to build as much muscle to avoid an immediate gain once the effect of surgery is stabilized and your body sticks in it's own changes.

I had never been one to do heavy exercise either..we live too far from "classes, fitness centers" to be realistic for me long term..Do wear a support for gut.. since i am a woman i wore a girdle. for many years, til weight loss was complete. - I did not have surgery for excess skin removal.( no insurance to cover it) this has seemed to help with toning and support of skin weight....Limiting the pull of skin as you are loosing seems to help with the sudden weight loss flabbiness..Mom and i both used this. and it can give sufficient support to abdominal wall weaknesses and enable some healing there as well.

Here is what i have done... i began with walking for 10-15 minutes in the morning..every morning.... and normal activities whi*****luded all house hold things and getting in supplies. I have built extra steps into my daily activities by parking out further in parking lots, and doing yard work... at night the last thing before sleep is a short set of isometrics.. about 10-15 minutes... just slowly and systematically tighten slowly hold for count of 3-5,and relax every muscle group slowly working up from feet and calves to head and neck and face. three short sessions of exercise seems more effective than one 30-45 min set and takes less out of my overall day... no planning required except beginning the day with a short routine.

Alexpope
on 5/21/21 11:54 am
RNY on 10/21/20

Thanks for the great information and suggestions. Getting moving has been hard but I am determined to stick with it. Walking seems to be my best option at this point I would like to add in weights soon tho. You have done so very well congrats to you

Partlypollyanna
on 5/22/21 1:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Try as many different things as you can,

you'll find one that you love! I love rowing, trx, Pilates and the elliptical. I don't really like working out with other people, I hate live virtual workouts but am absolutely fine with recorded classes. I really like boxing too. Try it all and you'll find something!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active