Happy to say...

acbbrown
on 4/17/11 12:09 pm - Granada Hills, CA
My BMI is no longer above 50 :)

When I started looking into WLS in July of last year, I was 420 lbs. My BMI was probably 60+.

This week, still as a pre-op, I made my first goal of having a BMI under 50. I've lost 74 lbs since July, bringing me to 346 this week,  and I should be having surgery in the next couple weeks. I'm in the best shape I could be at this size - I work out every day, walk/jog, hike, play tennis, and am eating the healthiest I probably ever have. My labs are great.  I'm looking forward to having a healthier recovery because of my efforts as a pre-op.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jewel_in_hiding
on 4/18/11 10:03 am - Raleigh, NC
Congratulations!!!  Isn't a great feeling!
Top is my progress, Bottom is to Surgeon's Goal

codlover
on 4/18/11 10:24 am - Celina, OH
Congrats !!!!!  I can tell you from experience that the progress you are making pre-surgery will make your surgery and post-op easier. Keep up the great work and you will be rewarded in the future.
Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
Tracey W.
on 4/18/11 3:04 pm
WOOOOOHOOO!!!! Keep up the great work!!
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Molly S.
on 4/19/11 5:51 am - Chicago, IL
Awesome Alison!!!  Whoooohoooo!!  Congrats on 74 pounds!!  What is your surgery date?  All this will help you be more successful after surgery for sure and which WLS are you having?

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

acbbrown
on 4/22/11 10:56 am - Granada Hills, CA
Im still waiting for a date, but likely 6-8 weeks from now. I am having the VSG done. I can't wait! Thank you for your kind comments :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Brenda C.
on 4/20/11 8:23 am
Alison - YOU ROCK!!!

I started at 74 BMI - I am still at 56 BMI, but working hard to get to where you are!  Congrats!!!

Brenda : )~
InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/21/11 4:58 am
WTG! Do you have a date yet? You keep this up and you'll be at your goal weight in a snap!!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

acbbrown
on 4/22/11 10:58 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm waiting for a date, but I've been told 6-8 weeks from now. I cant even imagine being at my goal weight since I've been over 200 lbs since I was in 6th grade. I am ready to get it done though since I've made strides in my life style changes.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

didim62
on 4/23/11 10:39 pm - Kensington, CT
WOW.....that is awesome!!! Just think ....with all this pre op loss and strengthening how much easier your journey will be after surgery!! I commend you for having put that effort in and being so successful at it!! Good luck with the surgery . It will be here before you know it!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active