An update and encouragement for you!

KatCooper
on 3/8/12 7:23 am - Collierville, TN
aaaaaaaaaaamazing!!!! Congrats on your weight loss and your "new " life!!  I really needed the inspiration today!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

WoolyBully
on 3/8/12 8:43 am - MI
Great Job Jenifer.

The road to the goal can be tedious, and sometimes we get discouraged.

It is terrific to hear when somebody makes it to there goal. It really helps during those tedious time.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Gary

theshrinkingmimi
on 3/8/12 10:16 am
What an awesome testimony. I can't begin to tell you how inspiring your post is. Post like yours make me want to set bigger goals. 

I am so happy that you have so much control over your life and health.  I know that going from trouble standing for 10 minutes (been there) to feeling no weight limitations must be invigorating.

Congratulations!  Thanks so much for sharing your news.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
cindybogge
on 3/8/12 12:40 pm
Thank you so very much for this post.  It is such a blessing to me.
Suzne
on 3/13/12 12:56 am - Weaverville, NC
You know what you've done, right?  You have opened yourself up to taking on a WLS disciple!  I'm yours!  I still have SO far to go and you are right in my backyard!  Even the same surgeon!  Whoo hoo!  

When I applied for the RNY, I was too fat for the surgery too.  I made the weight max, but not the BMI max.  My BMI was 65.8.  Dr. Edwards won't touch anyone who is over 60 BMI.  I went home and cried my eyes out.

Somehow (the Universe must have been listening because I had been trying to drop weight for MONTHS and not a pound budged), I managed to drop to a 58 BMI in 2.5 months and lost 60 pounds. When I saw Dr. Edwards on November 8th, or so, he said, "OK, we're set for the 21st. Just like that.  I think my jaw dropped to the floor!  

Don't pay any attention to the ticker, by the way.  That was my weight in September of last year. My MAXIMUM weight was 498 pounds!  I probably hit the big 5-0-0, but I never saw that number on the scale.  I probably would have fainted dead away. 

I'm so proud of you Jennifer!  I hope you are feeling better since the last meeting and getting in some good nutrients! 

You are a true inspiration!

Blessings!
Suzanne  

Jennifer M.
on 3/13/12 1:45 am - NC
Thanks, Suzanne!  How amazing that you were able to lose 60 pounds in just 2 1/2 months.  You must have really worked it!

You'll have to point yourself out to me at the next support meeting.  I can't put a face with your name.  I am happy to help all I can though!
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Suzne
on 3/13/12 1:34 pm - Weaverville, NC
Hey Jennifer M!  LOL!  I'm not surprised.  Lots of people at those meetings.  
I was the one who told you not to eat the turkey and carrots and to stick to yogurt and very bland foods for your gallbladder.   I'll introduce myself the next time I see you, which I guess won't be for a while.  You will be having your surgery at the next meeting won't you?  March 21st?

Blessings!
Suzanne

penich
on 4/13/12 10:03 am
 Hey Jennifer! You are totally awesome! Congratulations on hitting your goal! 
Most Active