What do you do for your hanging belly?

LaToya S.
on 3/13/12 11:15 am - Edwardsville, IL
I know I have asked this before but I need to ask again.
I came into this surgery having a hanging tummy.
Now it has gotten worse as I have lost weight.

I need an 'affordable' compression garment to hold my stomach in. I have an exercise that I do that has me run and jump and I must say that my stomach gets in the wasy. It pulls down hard when running and jumping and my leg**** it while running. My legs also hit it when I climb the stairs at work...it is really quite emberassing and I try not to climb the stairs if someone is with me, because it makes a noise.

What is the best compression garment to get? Do I get a thigh slimmer? Boy shorts tha I pull all they way up? I am so confused? Do I wear my regular underwear under it? Help please!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

acbbrown
on 3/13/12 11:43 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Im on the look out for some kind of one piece body suit almost like a bathing suit because compresion garments aren't cutting it for me.  I'm jigggllllyyy all over the place and I cant do some exercises because of my stomach. Shirts roll up, shorts roll down, so I only have one real soluion, but no idea where to find something like a one piece compression garment. 

I had a wet suit on the other day and it did a pretty good job :-p

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dori M.
on 3/13/12 12:34 pm - MD
 Have either one of you ever tried Body Magic? I have one and it's great. When I bought mine it was pre surgery  to help me look better in my clothes. I have the one that comes down the thighs. I purchased it over a year ago when I was going to a formal affair. Many people wear them everyday, I don't. I think it would do a great job to help minimize the appearance of anything you don't want shown.

http://buybodymagic.com/products/products.htm

Lucky2talk2
on 3/14/12 10:56 am - Renton, WA
I have some different slimming wear that have helped control some of the belly hang I had.... But it was so big it was only a bit of help. It felt good though. I have not been able yet to put anything on like that since surgery. Although I have some. My upper belly wil be the reason I will still wear them... And my thighs and possibly the arm wear ones.

Still recovering from the complex pannectomy.

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Gina1013
on 3/15/12 7:53 pm - Canton, OH
 I have been using Spanx 'Higher Power' undergarments. It goes up to my bra line and ends mid thigh.
I think they give good support without being uncomfortable.  I like to wear cotton panties under them, but they are made to be worn without them. I have tried the brief styles, but found that they don't go up high enough, and I am on the short side (5'2")

The leg hems are soft and don't 'cut in' so you don't see a line from it under your pants. I have creases on my thighs, so I like that these Spanx smooth me out. I haven't had a problem with them rolling down either. They run $36.00 on the Spanx website (i think) but I have had pretty good luck getting them under $20.00 on eBay (new without tags) 

I have also tried Spanx footless tights, which go down mid calf, but found that they are not NEARLY as well made as the Higher Power style.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Lucky2talk2
on 3/15/12 10:20 pm - Renton, WA
I am wondering if layering the thigh cut length and calf length could be done successfully for extra support? I will venturing this soon as my thighs are grossly huge hanging rolls and massive dimples and skin. Severe...not mild. Maybe layering will help? By chance has anyone ever tried and had success?

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Gina1013
on 3/16/12 10:00 am - Canton, OH
 I can't believe that I am going to publicly admit this..lol...but when I say thigh 'creases', I really mean hanging rolls too. Much like my stomach hangs. The mid thigh shaper doen't offer a lot of support, it just smooths them so that I can wear pants and not have the pants get 'caught' on/in my thigh rolls. The Spanx smooth, but they don't even stop the jigglies I have going on in my thighs, they just smooth like a pair of pantyhose would. They do, however offer decent control of my butt and smooth the dimples and control the jigglies .  

The footless tights that go mid calf offer absolutely NO support. I have jiggly, dimpled calves that also need support and the Spanx tights were useless..no support and easy to get runners in.

I found some 'no name' pantyhose at a local discount store (Marc's) that work great tho. They are 19 % Spandex so they are super run resistant and they limit the movement on my thighs and smooth so well that i am going to try them with a light colored pair of pants, something that all the rolls, ripples, dimples and jiggles wouldn't let me do before.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Tammy G.
on 3/17/12 5:35 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I got some bike shorts in both capri and knee length. They are great when I want some support but don't want to squeeze into shapewear. I wear them under skirts & dresses.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

Phatchick
on 3/18/12 12:19 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
ugh, I know what you men about thigh rolls. I dread the summer and bathing suits just because of my thighage.

All great ideas ladies, I am going to bookmark this awesome advice. Thanks, Sharon

Most Active