Losing weight yet not fitting into my cloths??????

starlightlu
on 6/21/13 5:59 am - Canada

Hi, I'm 6 wks out and have lost 37 lbs. Most of the weight was/is concentrated on my belly. Pre-surgery people always mistook me for being pregnant.

Anyhow, in the past year I was on work accident leave and I put on 30 lbs. Seeing that I now lost 37 and am about the same weight since when I stopped working I figured I would try my work pants to see if they fit (I go back to work in 3 weeks) and I was horrified to see my work pants still don't fit yet technically I've lost the weight I had gained on my sick leave. 

Did I lose the 37 lbs behind my ears?????????

Is it because the belly is the last to go?

Thx for your wisest input

Huneypie
on 6/21/13 6:39 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Could be you have some post-op swelling still, especially if it was open surgery.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

ANGELOJOS27
on 6/21/13 7:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

Ive lost weight EVERYWHERE except my belly. Well its smaller than before but still the biggest part of my body. =/

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

jashley
on 6/21/13 9:05 am
DS on 12/19/12

Ditto.  I now have great legs and arms, no butt, and this huge belly.

After 65 lbs, I am starting to see the belly going down.  I now have a waist.  But it has been the place I always packed my fat on - and the last place to lose.

I also noticed that the first 50 lbs seem to come from above the waist.  I swear.  My back fat was gone, my boobs dried up, my arms got thin, my face thinned out and the jowls disappeared.  But it took a while for the weight loss to head south. 

But even then, the belly fat is fighting to stay intact.

Irishnurse
on 6/21/13 8:26 am
DS on 04/17/13

Every time someone gains weight and loses they change shape a little. I am having this same issue. I should be down a size but because of my stomach dropping lower due to weight loss my pants no longer fit me around the belly. Even though the next size up is way to big. SUCKS!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

willbear
on 6/21/13 2:30 pm - CA

I'm 4 months out, and the fat is not coming off the way it went on.  My dowager hump  and belly are subsiding quickly.  But my thighs, butt, and love handles are reducing relatively slowly.  I figure I'm just a work in progress.

DS with Dr. Rabkin on 2/28/13.

jashley
on 6/22/13 3:01 am
DS on 12/19/12

By any chance did you put on weight in the thighs and butt areas first when you gained a lot of your weight?  I sounds like you are a pear shaped person.  So they lose weight in those areas last. 

Where as an apple shaped person loses weight every where but the belly.

starlightlu
on 6/21/13 9:16 pm - Canada

ok, thx everybody...that really got me depressed yesterday but today is a new day.

jashley
on 6/22/13 2:59 am
DS on 12/19/12

Aaaahhh.  The belly fat eventually comes off, but your body tends to offer up other areas of fat first.  It's a process that unfolds over time. 

You will get there, but you have to lose in other areas first to meet your body's plan of survival.  It likes to hang on to that belly fat for last (if you are shaped like an apple, which is sounds like you are). 

Something to look forward to.

lamby80
on 6/22/13 2:46 pm
DS on 04/10/13

I feel your pain.  I've lost a decent amount now, very little from my gut, though.  Boo!

BPD/DS/VSG/Appendectomy/Cholecystectomy on 4/10/2013 with Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views