Biotin.... how much?

Caligurl99
on 8/1/13 7:50 am

Getting all my vits in line :)  How much does everyone take of Biotin?

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/13 8:17 am - AL

None.

Caligurl99
on 8/1/13 9:09 am

and your hair loss has been good??

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/13 12:09 pm - AL

I can't remember the name of the hair loss that comes with this surgery.  Most people loose some hair and then it grows back.  I have heard of some people loosing none, some people having to buy wigs, and some people who had their hair grow back a different consistency.  But the vast majority of folks loose some hair and then it grows back.  That was my experience.  I lost some, but not enough to worry about.  Actually when I started loosing some in the shower I was all like "hey I am NORMAL!!"

I'll try to rememember the name of the surgical hair loss phenomenom but you can probably google "surgical hair loss" and find it.

~Becky

fullhousemom
on 8/1/13 9:15 am

I never took it either.  Had a little hairloss in the shower, but nothing that anyone ever noticed.

You will gets lots of different opinions on biotin,  some insist on it.  Some swear its worthless.  You can search "biotin and DS" and probably read lots of past threads and opinions on this.

Crazeru
on 8/1/13 9:52 am

I get mine from WalMart and depends what they have - 1,000 or 5,000.  I have very fine, thin hair and I think it helps so I don't lose more.  I'm 5+ yrs out.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

dustycroy
on 8/1/13 10:02 am
DS on 05/14/13

Some take it for the hairloss, and some say if your a woman it can make you grow facial hair

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

PeteA
on 8/1/13 11:31 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I just started taking 500 mcg. I want to see if it will help my hair and my fingernails had been cracking at the tip. Too soon to say if it will help but I'm willing to give it a shot for 3 or 4 months to see if I notice any changes. As you have seen there isn't anything definitive about if it helps or not. YMMV.(Your mileage may vary)

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Huneypie
on 8/2/13 2:00 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

None and the term Becky was thinking of was telogen effluvium.  Shocks to the body can cause hair loss although I'm over a year out and never lost any other than the normal day to day amount that every person loses.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Labyrinth
on 8/2/13 3:55 am

My hairdresser always told me, "If it's making the hair on your head grow....what's it doing to the rest of the hair on your body?"  Just sayin....

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views