Down 50 Pounds!

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 11/29/13 5:19 am, edited 11/29/13 5:21 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I woke up this morning to discover that I hit the 50 pound mark! I am so happy! This Thanksgiving was really tough. I soooooo wanted the macaroni and cheese, the mashed potatoes, the cookies, the pumpkin pie, and the cheesecake. I ended up having one slice of ham, some turkey breast, and one cookie (which I felt really guilty about), 

I felt guilty about the cookie because it was the first time I've "cheated" since before my surgery almost 4 months ago. Before yesterday, I never deviated from my eating plan and from my low-carb focus.

It was one cookie (and it was awesome!) so I have to let it go and move on. I was expecting to get some gas or diarrhea from it, but I was fine. I guess that happens only if you go overboard with the sugar/carbs?? Not sure, but I don't want to test it out. :)

Here are a few pics. The pics on the top row are from right before my surgery and from a year ago at my graduation. I am learning that it's all about the angles when you take a pic! And makeup does wonders! haha! (I hardly ever used to wear makeup.)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Valerie G.
on 11/29/13 6:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You do indeed look lovely with makeup, and I'm glad to see you enjoying your feminine self as your blossom.

I am one who throws caution to the wind during the holidays and I'll eat a little bit of anything I want.  It's the 4th or 5th cookie that gives the gas (I speak from experience).  Believe it or not, I usually lose a few lbs over the holidays eating totally shamelessly, because let's face it, even when a new (or old) DSer indulges, we consume less than the average bear.  So, eat your protein first and save yourself a couple of bites to enjoy that cookie, or whatever else you want, and do so without the guilt and self-loathing.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 11/29/13 11:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Thanks so much! :)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

dustycroy
on 11/29/13 12:39 pm
DS on 05/14/13
You look great! Its amazing what fifty pounds off can do. Keep up the good work....

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Huneypie
on 11/29/13 5:39 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congratulations you've come a long way in a short period of time and what a beautiful smile might I add.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

beargriff
on 11/29/13 9:30 pm

WOW   way to go!!!  Great pics!

PeteA
on 12/1/13 1:12 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

You look great. Congrats.

I'm also one of the people not to sweat the occasional break in the low carb routine. It's
interesting to see what happens..wink

Of course, a cookie doesn't really take you out of your low carb zone so you should still be in the "no guilt" zone.

Happy Holidays.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

ElijahsMama
on 12/1/13 4:43 am

You look great:) I found that it is all about angles too! A touch of makeup really brightens up the face, as does a great brow shaping(in my case, lol). You look beautiful.

MSSEXXC74
on 12/1/13 5:53 pm

Way to go you can really see the change.  One cookie you ate it move on. Every time I've ever seen a nut before Wls they said pick one day you will treat yourself so that you don't deny yourself and when you finally do break and eat something not in the program you don't over do it.  So 1 thing in 4 months won't kill you unless you go overboard. You best believe I looked forward to my one day a month and knew exactly what I was going to treat myself with.  Lol

xr7conv
on 12/2/13 1:14 am - Omaha, NE
DS on 01/16/13

You look great!  Don't get all uptight about a cookie.  That is the beauty of the DS - eat your protien first and then if you have room a cookie is ok.  Just not every meal.

Keep up the great work!!!

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into
heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our
Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a
thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." - C. T. Studd

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 791 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1070 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views