THREE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!

Lyss Remaly
on 12/15/13 11:24 pm - Wheeling, IL

HAPPY HAPPY THREE YEARS!!!!!

My how time flies!  Three years ago I heaved all 330lbs of myself onto that operating table with NO clue how my life was about to change. 

I have lost 180 lbs, I went from a size 28 to a 6 and I can actually FIT INTO AN AIRPLANE SEAT!!! YAY!!!!!

While I'm over the MOON about the physical changes in my body I am SO proud of the emotional  and psychological changes I have made.  THAT was the hardest part of this whole journey.  I am not longer a slave to food.  I no longer dream of it, crave it and depend on it.  Food is now fuel for my body instead of a comfort.  I am also very HONEST about what I eat.  There is no more justifying what I am eating, hiding what I am eating or denying what I'm eating.   I have also changed my relationship with ME.  I know that I deserve to have a healthy body and a healthy relationship with food.  I spent too many years punishing and abusing my body with horrible food, negative words and a sedentary life. 

Life is TOTALLY different.  I am now on a journey to a new goal.  I keep telling myself that I know exactly what cookies, bread and ice cream taste like... I don't know what reaching my ultimate goal tastes like and THAT is what I'm most hungry for.

You 'Mirin?

on 12/16/13 12:26 am

WOW You look great!!  Congrats on your hard work.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

PeteA
on 12/16/13 12:59 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

WOW! That's great.  So glad to hear about the changes within you. It's important for the rest of us to hear that. I can be so focused on my body now that I am in the weight loss phase that I don't think about the other issues nearly enough. Thanks for sharing.

Pete

Huneypie
on 12/16/13 1:25 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Hammy you could be the poster child for successful WLS... I know you workout hard and watch your diet.  Respect to you and I wish you continued success.  Congrats!! broken heart

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Lyss Remaly
on 12/16/13 3:54 am - Wheeling, IL

Thank you SO much for the kind words!  The support and encouragement on this site is unbelievable!  It's wonderful to have such a great support system of people who know EXACTLY what you are going through.

MajorMom
on 12/16/13 6:25 am - VA

Happy surgiversary!!    : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Nancy T.
on 12/16/13 9:41 pm
DS on 07/16/13

Where's the Like button??? Congrats, and seriously, you are an inspiration to me!

T Lady
on 12/17/13 3:49 am
Rock on! You're an inspiration, well done!

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

celticfaery
on 12/17/13 4:32 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

You look beautiful in your before and totally rockin in your after!!!  =)

Go girl!!!  You are a true inspiration!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

ajrober2
on 12/18/13 1:48 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

WOW!!!! You could be on the cover of a fitness magazine.  Way to Go!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views