1Week out at home

Donna S.
on 1/19/14 4:59 am - Omaha, NE

Wake up feeling pretty good then get drained so fast how long before normal comes back? Had D S 

Donna S.
on 1/19/14 5:00 am - Omaha, NE

Also afraid to weigh myself

Huneypie
on 1/19/14 5:07 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

There's no need to rush.  Some people gain weight due to all the fluids they had pumped into them, so if you can hold off then do as you don't want to make yourself feel down if it turns out your weight is up.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 1/19/14 5:05 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

It'll easily take a month if not longer.  Just the anesthetic is enough to make you feel tired at this point without taking into consideration that you had major surgery and you're barely eating.

Take it easy, rest, sip and walk.  Be grateful that you wake up feeling good and get some naps in so you get more opportunities to wake up feeling good. kiss

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

miranda12503
on 1/19/14 7:49 am

It will take some time BUT you should be feeling a little better every day. At a week I still felt pretty awful... By week 3 I was doing well and by week 6 I felt 100 normal! Good luck!

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

PeteA
on 1/19/14 10:31 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

The first couple weeks I got tired like that. I took a lot of naps. You should start seeing a difference in your stamina after the first couple of weeks. At least I ws past the naps by then.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Valerie G.
on 1/19/14 9:57 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It' was about 6 weeks before I started feeling normal again.  I was extremely listless during my perfect recovery.  Take it easy - drink lots, for it's a full-time job.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 383 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 840 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views