TGIF workouts :)

mcarthur01
on 3/24/11 11:23 pm - Cumming, GA
60 min weights (chest/tri)
10 min walking on TM for warmup/cooldown
60 min running on TM - 7.59 miles
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

redenallen
on 3/24/11 11:57 pm
5K on the dreadmill
60 min weights - lower body & core

nate2009
on 3/25/11 12:37 am - Lebanon, OH
Rest day
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Paul C.
on 3/25/11 2:03 am - Cumming, GA
Rest Day

TKD kicked my butt last night so my brain said "GYM" my body said "SLEEP" my body won.  Going for a 4 mile run on the Greenway tomorrow.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Jillian O.
on 3/25/11 2:04 am - Fort Riley, KS
Went to the 1-mile track and broke myself off with speed work. Did mile 1 race pace (8:12) then mile 2 with 7 short interval sprints, mile 3 at race pace, mile 4 with 7 short interval sprint, them took it easy on the last mile at a 9:05 pace. Did 5 miles total. Since I can't run long right now because of my ITBS, I am trying to make the most out of what I can do running wise.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

mcarthur01
on 3/25/11 3:59 am - Cumming, GA
sweet.  i've had a lot of success with one legged squats, hip abductors, and leg curls in fixing my ITBS issue.  one legged squats and abductors help the most (it turns out that most IT band issues stem from weak hip muscles and regular squats will typically address the dominant side.  i started the new exercises about a month ago and they are here to stay.

Jillian O.
on 3/25/11 6:02 am - Fort Riley, KS
I have been in physical therapy for my ITBS for 3 weeks now, and you just solved the mystery of why the therapist has me doing so many squats and lunges. I always just do what she says, never questioning it, or asking why, it must be from my years in the Army. I feel like it is working, since in 3 weeks time I have moved up from a max of 3 miles to 5 miles until the pain kicks in. After physical therapy is over in 3 more months I will probably continue the exercises to prevent the ITBS from coming back.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

nate2009
on 3/25/11 6:35 am - Lebanon, OH
You talking weighted one legged squats ? I still strugling with my it band as well. It gets me at about 3 or 4 miles. I've been running less but at a faster pace since it started.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
mcarthur01
on 3/25/11 6:44 am - Cumming, GA
i haven't worked up to a weighted one leg squat yet, i use a small platform and stablabize by gripping the vertical support bar of the squat rack with both hands but not weight bearing and lower kindof into a lunge postion with my free leg below the platform behind me.  you can really feel it in your quads and hips, and light bulb went on when i really felt it in my hip and IT band on the weak side.

Hawgman
on 3/25/11 2:11 am - TX
Five mile speed work out.
Most Active