x-post. question on my fitness pall

glzgowlass
on 1/31/12 9:53 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I just joined it because it seems a popular tool.  I added my intake today and it's telling me I'm not eating enough.  (I am for where I am)  It also tells me how much protein and carbs I should be getting.  Is there a way to change the settings to a more bariatric friendly setting?

(It also adds calories to my total by my workouts) Can I stop it doing that too?  If I was listening to it as it is set up now, I'd be eating about 15-1600 calories and I'm only 4 months out.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Bettisima
on 1/31/12 11:34 am
My fitness pal is set up for non bariatric folks. It is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet. You can adjust your goals, but when you tell it you have completed this days entries, it will ALWAYS tell you, you aren't eating enough.

For a post surgery person, my fitness pal is great, because the data base is fantastic, it has so many items preloaded it makes tracking your food a snap. I love it for that. But it won't help you set targets for your calorie totals.

To change your targets, you click on goals. I am sorry I can't give you more data than that, but I am on my iPad and the ap doesnt allow that kind of edit, it can only be done from the computer.
glzgowlass
on 1/31/12 8:26 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Thanks, don't worry about the instructions, someone on another board told me how to do it so I'll give it a go like that.

glzgowlass
on 2/1/12 2:05 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Okay, now I am really getting annoyed with this thing.  I don't know why people like it so much.  I am trying to add strength training to my excercise log and it won't let me.  I see it in the database but when I go back to add it as an excercise it says "no matching results!"  Then it won't just let me add it in the quick tools unless I put in under cardio.

I added it under add your own excercise but again when I go back it can't find it.

If I put it in strength training it's asking me how many reps.  Well I don't know that because I had a personal trainer.  I just know I worked out (hard) for an hour and would like to log it in even manually!

MacMadame
on 2/1/12 8:39 am - Northern, CA
It's designed so you put strength training under cardio and then you put in the time and it calculates a calorie burn. Cardio is really "exercise that burns calories" on their site, not cardio per se.

The strength training section is for people who want to use MFP to record their reps and weights. Since you don't want to do that, just ignore that section.

To set your own goals for calories, protein, etc., you need to go to Goals and then select Customize.

Also, while on the typical post-op diet of less than 1200 calories a day, never select to Complete the entry. It will just have a fit when you don't eat 1200 calories. Heck, one day I ate 1199 calories and the day before I'd eaten 1400 and it still scolded me about how I was going to go into starvation mode. How silly.

Even now I never select "Complete entry" because it tells me nothing useful.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

glzgowlass
on 2/1/12 11:12 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Yeah, I just need to get used to it I guess.

Most Active