you all inspire me...thank you

timetoloveme62
on 5/7/12 7:48 pm - VA
 I have been reading and watching and yesterday I joined the races...well not races yet but will be doing my first ever 5k in Oct, nervous...check, scared...check, going to do it...check, check, check.  I will do this, I will finish this and I am dang excited about doing it and the fact that I am excited about exercise scares me...HA

Yesterday I started with the training, I am a bit on the slow side but I did 1.97 miles in just under 42 mins...it was a lot of walking and a bit of running or wogging as it is right now but the fact is I did it and every day I plan to get better and better...shave a bit more time and add a bit more length.  I WILL SURVIVE AND SUCCEED!!!

I will be around here alot reading the inspiring post...you all keep me motivated and I thank you

Melanie
LJ1972
on 5/8/12 5:59 am - FL
aren't these folks amazing?
I walk a 5k every month and am working myself up to jog a full one. Trying to convince myself to sign up for a sprint tri in October. What/!?!??
Scott William
on 5/8/12 9:28 am
October? That is great but how about July!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
crystal M.
on 5/8/12 10:17 am - Joliet, IL
I agree.  I wish everyone would come over to this board BEFORE WLS.  Because this is what truse success is.  I ran my first 5K in March.  I was sore for a couple of days.  Mainly because I'm a treadmill runner and the the ground outside is just SOOOO hard.  My inspiration to run my first 5K came from reading everyone's posts.  They made it seem sooo wonderful...and it was.  It was easier than I expected but like I said I was sore.  I going to do another 5K this Summer and then I think I may try for a 10K...GULP....
jwc10s
on 5/9/12 6:34 am
 Wait until you do your first half marathon, and then maybe your first marathon, or for some reason you get the bug to try a triathlon. Posibilities are endless, and all you need is the desire to make it happen.

In my case a good pair of arm floaties helps as well. 

Jay

First 5K 5/21/2011 00:48:24

First 13 mile run 02:31:39 10/30/2011

5K Race PR 24:38 5/2013
First TRIATHLON 1:48:37 5/7/2012
Augusta Ironman 70.3 6:54:67
Half Marathon PR 1:55:39 6/8/2013 Bootlegger Half Marathon

Most Active