HEAVY lifters & Serious Muscle Builders Come in here!

FinallyFit
on 2/1/13 3:40 am

Hey Guys! I haven't posted here in forever but thought I'd pop in and say hello to all the weight lifters among us.

I improved my shape a lot since September and getting back to the gym and eating MORE after having fallen into a low carb flabby, yet skinny slump last year. Successfully took off 50 lbs and then found myself feeling melted and it's not a good look. lol

I'm trying to build my body up right now and eat in a calorie surplus with lifting heavy. Does anyone know any good tips or tricks to getting in more quality nutrition? I'm drinking with my meals and eating more beef, not chicken because it goes down easier and isn't dry.

Anyone wanna chime in on this? Thank you in advance!

I've been here since 2002, I just like to pretend I am NEW!

furiosmommy
on 2/5/13 8:50 am - Phoenix, AZ

I love to get into the weight room and lift! I'd love to hear some responses. I'm at a loss too... I wish there were more professionals that are privy to post WLS needs in the gym. I think there's an opening I'd like to fill!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Scott William
on 2/6/13 7:10 am

I throw in a protein shake after I work out and maybe a bar some time during the day.  It's a pretty easy way to add about 50g protein. 

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
tattooj
on 2/21/13 3:19 am, edited 2/21/13 3:22 am

I lost 40 lbs. recently through heavy lifting and a good diet alone. Low carb is good if you're getting sufficient calories. did the trick for me. I really believe focusing on building muscle far outweighs cardio...although cardio still has it's place, it should be just added here and there for someone interested in more of a body recomp.

I make sure to get a gram of protein per lb of body weight and lots of healthy fats are the key. Coconut oil is instrumental for me. Flavorless and great source for medium chain triglycerides which help in fat loss and muscle retention.

Jay

Most Active