Help needed.....Encouragement needed

brenlee1965
on 6/15/15 8:15 pm - New Berlin, NY
I am going on my third year after RNY weight loss surgery. I lost over 157lbs and have regained over the last two years. I am scared and know that I need to get more movement in my day. I have people I know that are post surgery but they have been exercising daily (I have not) and I want to get working out with others (cause I really need to have someone to be accountable to; I tend to find excuses that stop me from working out or walking or any type of exercise). Yes, I clean the house and wash the car and hang up the clothes and park away from the doors at the store, so I walk more, etc. But I need MORE.....I also need to get back on track with my food choices and portion control. I am starting to have back pain and not sleeping (things I had a few years ago)...I am scared! My boyfriend is 422lbs and talks about food & desserts all of the time (he has gained 65lbs since I started cooking & baking for him). AUGH! Ideas of how to gradually get started.....I need some support from you all, please.
 Bren                
SATXVSG
on 6/15/15 10:54 pm, edited 6/15/15 10:55 pm - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

I would work on changing your diet first.  Exercise wont help too much in that regard.  Sure if you exercise 2-3 hours a day, that would allow you to eat more but I doubt you have the time to do that.  If your boyfriend has gained 65 lbs from your cooking, then you are cooking the wrong things.  You lost 157 lbs doing the right things, you just need to find that again and get back on track.

We all falter.  I did great for 9 months and then I started eating what I wanted.  Luckily, I am not too far out so restriction kept me from going to far off track and I only gained a few lbs plus I was exercising 45 minutes to 1 hour each day.  Now that I have my diet back under control, I have lost 8 lbs in 10 days.  I should add I also started back logging my food.

If you have myfitnesspal, I am jgh1204, add me as a friend.

Surgery Date 04-22-14 HW 2011 388(lost 60lbs on WW, regained 40) Surgery Consult Weight 1/10/14 - 367 SW 357 - CW 9/15 210.

Stalls are your body's way of telling you not to get too cocky.

5K - 1st 59:00(9/14) PR 33:45(9/15)

10K - 1:14(10/15) 1/2 - 1st 3/20/16

brenlee1965
on 6/17/15 3:10 pm - New Berlin, NY
Thanks for the response. I will definitely star****ching what I put in my body. I was stressed for a year and ate when stressed; cause it was my old way of dealing. I finished my on-line education and now I want to get back on track. I stopped eating after 6pm, recently. I think that will help alot!

Awesome!
Thanks,
Brenda
 Bren                
brenlee1965
on 1/3/16 10:54 am - New Berlin, NY
I sent you a message from MyFitnesspal.com, cause I don't know how to add friends on that.

Brenda
 Bren                
NoMarRo
on 6/22/15 6:39 pm

stressing yourself will not help. sometimes, you need motivation. based on your statement, you know very well why you are gaining weight.

maybe you shouldn't have undergone surgery in the first place, it made you dependent and confident of your new found physique. and when the weight came back, you started to panic and all your health trouble kicks in.

you should consult an expert dietitian and fitness coach. they will definitely help in dealing emotional eating. have you tried detox and cleansing? it helps!

brenlee1965
on 1/3/16 11:13 am - New Berlin, NY
Thanks for your frankness and honesty. I honestly believe that I HAD to have the surgery (or I would be dead at this point). We all go through the honeymoon stage of feeling awesome cause we are losing all that weight and starting to be able to wear the clothes that we never could. Emotions run high. Then we lose so much we start getting bummed about all of the sagginess and ugliness of extreme weight loss brings on. Then we even find someone of the opposite sex that finds us attractive. We become complacent in ourselves and think, "I lost all that I think is okay" and then start to fall back into old habits (well, that is what I did, anyway). My life was very much in turmoil and I didn't care about me or anything & to be honest, I should have went to classes in the area or got on here for some help; but I didn't. I ate here & there.....had to have Iron IV's.....struggled with being "hungry" again......Like I said, "it was my own fault". I am having some pains come back (back pain, leg pain, feet pain) and so I am getting back into ME. So this year is my year to get back on track. Everyone on here says it is possible to get back and use the "tool".....that is my goal for 2016. Never tried "detox & cleaning" nor do I know what that is or how to do it. Would you share that with me?
 Bren                
mrs_smith_canada
on 6/23/15 10:20 am

Hi Bren - I regained 15 pounds in the last 10 months and working hard to get it off... It can easily get out of hand. 

Regarding fitness, any movement you do will be movement you hadn't done before and I know when I first started working out 4 years ago (before my GBP) I lost weight very fast! I think my body had been sedentary for so long that getting it up and moving scared it into shedding fat! 

I would suggest a few things; 

1. weigh yourself, to get a start point

2. track all you're meals on livestrong or myfitnesspal etc  

3. add a half an hour of movement to you're day - that can be swimming, walking or biking

4. put yourself and you're health first! that means making time to eat well and get you're fitness in 

Good luck! 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

brenlee1965
on 1/3/16 10:15 am - New Berlin, NY
thanks.
 Bren                
MaronitaMay
on 6/23/15 1:32 pm

Sounds like you need an exercise buddy!  I, too, need one. You do not say where you live.  Do you live in Massachusetts?  See my other post in response to today's post.   I wrote on "How to Overcome Obstacles."  I know, I know; I need to take my own advice.  Easy to give advice then to take it!

brenlee1965
on 1/3/16 10:18 am - New Berlin, NY
I live in NY. I think you are correct. I don't have any "accountability" or anyone to "talk to about it" the men in the house are both over 300lbs and they LOVE to eat the food that I make or that they make. We all tend to know how to overcome obstacles and such; but sometimes we often retreat to the comfort of eating as our way to get past struggles, stress, and whatever else. Thanks for the encouragement. I do appreciate it. Thanks.
 Bren                
Most Active