Post your plan...

coachgrrl
on 1/8/12 1:16 am
 Ok so it's January 8th, and it seems everyone's looking to get back on track so post your plan below...be as specific as possible.

Here's mine.

1.  Call for a surgeon's appt.  I don't think I'm in need of a fill, but my 2 yr anniv is the end of the month so I'm due for some labs and need to touch base.
2.  Call for a f/u therapist appt.  Gotta get my head back in the game.
3.  making eggface's eggbites for breakfasts this week...in the oven now smelling good.
4. Making a menu up for the week.  Sticking to 3 meals a day, 80 gms of protein and cutting out carby snacks.
5.  At least 30 minutes of exercise EVERYDAY.  60 on my days off...either walking or JM 30 day shred
6. Get in at least 64 oz of water a day

Who's next?

wsmommy
on 1/8/12 2:27 am
 Lovely idea!  Here's my plan:

1.  Cut out sugar and white carbs completely.  
2.  30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.
3.  No drinking for 30 minutes before and after meals.
4.  Protein first for each meal.
5.  3 meals a day and 2 snacks, again...no sugar or white carbs.
6.  Track food and exercise daily at Livestrong.
7.  Be accountable for what I put in my mouth and how I move my body.

Good luck everyone!  Getting our heads back in the game is going to take some doing, but we can do it!

Toni

coachgrrl
on 1/8/12 2:58 am
 oooh livestrong/daily plate journaling...good idea.  Adding to my plan

Wendybrum
on 1/8/12 5:10 am - Oceanside, NY
 Drink more water
cut out chips
journal
wendy
vlp1968
on 1/8/12 5:22 am
I am back on track as of yesterday.

Excersise 5-6 days a week starting next Mon.  4 days with my trainer.  I had a boob job and had to take a month off.

Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.

Eat lowcarb/low fat/ high protien.

tripmom02
on 1/8/12 5:38 am - NJ
 Just wanted to throw this out there - I have a group of WLS ladies and gents that are all linked up together on Myfittnesspal.com, we basically just give each other advice and support and a pat on the back when someone is doing well. Helps us all stay accountable and it's a great resource for finding new foods etc. I am tripmom02 over there as well, you can add me and just say "from OH" in the friends request, and then I do a weekly "round up" post on my profile where all the OHers post so they can add all the new people to their friends list and vice versa! It has been a great tool. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

dianeg49
on 1/8/12 1:20 pm
I love Myfitnesspal.com. I def will look you up! I like this!
I have planned my menu for this week.
Signed up for an Aerobics class.
tracking at myfitnesspal.
Dianeg49            
heathercross
on 1/8/12 6:14 am - New York, NY
 Be thrilled that I got restriction back, be happy with the near 50lb weight loss in 6 mos and not to take myself so seriously!

Donnamarie
on 1/8/12 11:11 am - NY
This is awesome, thanks!

I am not off track, still too new to be bad yet. LOL  But I haven't yet incorporated real exercise into my program.  I did a bit at the beginning but then slacked off.  So just like 30 minutes ago I was going over my clubs classes, and I formulated a plan, and here you write this  AWESOME!  so here's my plan.

1.  Get to the gym.  I am going to take a Weight Lifting Class on Monday, a Kick Boxing class on Tuesday and a Zumba'ish class on Saturday.
2.  Going back to tracking food.  Not because I am screwing up but because I am big on ritual.  I slacked off during the holidays.
3.  Drink more water.

Good luck to everyone!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

D. Scott
on 1/8/12 11:55 am, edited 1/8/12 12:39 pm
RNY with
I've have a rather difficult year with my band (mostly due to me getting away from following the band rules) so I am currently completely unfilled until at least mid March. I am jumping back in though to keep motivated and try to minimize gaining. I have already gained 20lbs this year and am up 30lbs from my lowest but I really do feel motivated for the first time in a long time and have been tracking and exercising with enthusiasm this whole week. Here is my plan:

1. Preplan and track all meals staying under 1250 calories and below  carbs per day (and keeping those primarily as complex carbs). I am using Livestrong.com for watching calories, carbs, and protein closely.

2. Exercise 30-45 minutes 4-5 days per week. (I have a fulltime job, am working on my MA evenings, and fulfilling practicum hours with 3 young kids so this may be tough but so far I have managed 3 days this week so we'll see).

3. TAKE MY VITAMINS!! This one is big for me because I almost almost drop off after just a day or two of taking my vitamins. I found myself searching online today for a diet pill and realized how stupid it would be to try taking Xenical or Alli when first of all I am on a lowcarb lifestyle and thereby tend to have somewhat higher fat meals, and two if I keep taking my vitamins my insulin resistence will probably regulate a bit and do far more for my loss then a stupid diet pill could.

4. Find support since I get discouraged easily (hence visiting you all here on OH).

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Most Active