Protein powder reccomendation?

heres2changingmylife
on 5/19/11 10:41 am
I am just starting with the protein powders. Trying to add them to puddings and such= Anyone know which to use that won't make everything so overpowering sweet?

EthelMae
on 5/22/11 8:50 pm - MD
Hi Judy.

That seems to be the number one question people have.  Unfortunately, it's a personal preference choice.

Obtain samples of many different types before you invest in a large quantity.  I've often heard it told that what you like today, you may not like after surgery.

I like Body Fortress Vanilla that I purchase from Walmart.  It's not overly sweet and on occasion I'll add things to it - l/2 a bananna, blueberries, strawberries, sugar free flavored syrups, etc.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

mary A.
on 5/30/11 9:00 am - new lisbon, WI
I have tried the least expensive way I could with my protein shakes. I went to Wal-mart and got
the Pure Portein 100% whey protein in the power. It is 25g per scoop. I choose the Vanilla Cream cause I can mixed it with just about everything and they come out very tasty. I mix with dry pudding, and even dry un sweetned Kool-aid. Now I can mix it with fruit or peanut butter. It works great. Hop this helps. The can cost around 17$ but last a good 2 weeks.
jenpNC
on 6/1/11 4:10 am
I'm not a big fan of anythink thick & creamy. So all those chocolate & vanilla's are out. I love love love Unjury Strawberry Sorbet. Google it or just click here www.unjury.com . It's like a crystal light drink. Very light. Add as much water or sf drink as you like. I water it down a little more than the directions call for.

Jennifer 

fhaloans1
on 6/10/11 4:17 am
Hi Judy,

After speaking with my nutritionist I realized that I needed a really high quality protein because of absorption issues.  There are so many proteins on the market that you can get at Walmart, etc. that really are not good quality nor are they tasty.  I have been ordering Nectar (which is a whey protein isolate in lots of fruity flavors) from mybariatricpantry.com.  They have so many samples and their service is great.  I get my products really fast.  The main thing is you can try a lot of different really high quality proteins without spending a lot on one big tub of one flavor.  It works great!  Hopefully you can find something.  Not sure if you like coffee or lemon tea, but the Nectar also has both of these and neither are very sweet.  Good Luck!

Monica
Most Active