1.5 yrs PO VSG HELP!!!

Jenniflower75
on 12/1/14 10:20 am

Ok So here's the story... At about 4.5 months post op I stopped loosing weight... Completely STOPPED. Dr said I probably hit a stall. I thought no problem I can handle this. After about three months of no loosing I started to panic. I did everything I could to kick start my weight loss.. NOTHING Finally after my 1 yr mark I was so depressed at the lack of weight loss that I gave up. Started eating whatever the heck I felt like. I didn't gain I didn't loose it didn't matter what I did or didn't do. So i just gave up. I started working after being disabled for more than a decade back in August and by some miracle started loosing weight. It wasn't  a lot but I made it from 177 to 170.. excellent I was thrilled. I got hurt at work in the end of September. I've been off of work since and due to my injury I can't exercise. Here it is 2 and a half months later and I'm up to 191!!! What is the deal? I don't know what back to basics means for a VSG I don't know how to do it or how long to do it but I'm desperate. I am even to the point where I'm considering having DS just to loose the rest of this weight. Because of my lack of weight loss to begin with and now my weight gain I now have my sleep apnea that I never got rid of and high blood pressure that is new. I need to loose this weight and like yesterday!!!! Help please I'm struggling I'm depressed and I don't know what to do.

Gwen M.
on 12/2/14 11:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you tracking everything you put in your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal?  If you're not already, that's where I'd start.  

It might also be good to start talking with a therapist about the depression.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jenniflower75
on 12/3/14 11:27 pm

I just now returned to myfitnesspal I logged all of my meals for the day now i just have to follow it. 

Most Active