lexxiblue’s Posts

lexxiblue
on 12/14/20 7:29 pm
Topic: RE: HI. Noone's posting here anymore

Hey Dawn... love seeing your articles on the OH site!! Awesome writings .. good for you!!

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 12/14/20 7:23 pm, edited 12/14/20 11:24 am
Topic: RE: HI. Noone's posting here anymore

I had RNY January 2012, and I too have had an embarrassing regain in the last 3 years of a total of 42lbs.... first "excuse" was moving to a small town where I didn't know anyone and the fact that I lost my only sister 2 weeks after our move; second "excuse" was getting cut off EI because I took a retail job for 3 HOURS (previously was an office worker) ... and the list goes on... and of course, the latest "excuse" was covid. All excuses.. ALL my own fault! joined WW a year ago; myself, I need the accountability factor in person!! Then I got hurt and had to stop going. (perhaps another excuse but I did good at WW).

I too went to all my clinic weigh-ins faithfully, did amazing the 1st year... the pounds peeled off... and now it's time to wake up and get back on track!! Because of WLS I got healthy... wasn't just about what I saw in the mirror (which, I always saw and still do, see the fat girl).

I was one of those "faithful" OH followers. I lived on OH prior to WLS and probly the 1st year after surgery.. then it was weekly, monthly and now ... I peak in once in a while. Made some great friends - went to a few support groups - local coffee meet with Myke, went to Mississauga to have coffee with Karen and the most regular one was the Burlington group with Linda. And now since covid hit... was hoping some would do "zoom" meetings but couldn't seem to find any. Seems like facebook has taken over where OH left off (IMO).

I keep reading about regain all over the place.. doesn't make me feel any better that I'm not alone.. that it might seem "common"... and once in a while I turn to OH to see who's posting and yep, no one I recognize is here.

Makes me real sad I don't recognize anyone anymore... but I guess time marches on and f/b has taken over.

Good luck to everyone!! WLS might "fix" our bodies but it doesn't fix our minds!!

lexxiblue
on 12/14/20 4:08 pm
Topic: RE: Mississauga Support Group??

oh how I miss Karen and those coffee meets in Mississauga... I hope she is doing well... I don't visit OH much anymore... sadly, and when I do I don't recognize anyone anymore either!! So sad... when I fist started my journey I LIVED on OH... of course tho, that was pre-facebook and found so many support groups there!!

lexxiblue
on 8/4/20 6:03 pm
Topic: RE: Yearly update. 14 years.

Hi Dawn... yes this site sure has changed from the "old days".... prior to surgery I used to live on this site ... then had surgery and visiting this site slowed down.. now I hardly recognize anyone. Thanks to facebook I guess. Take care of you!!!

lexxiblue
on 7/16/20 3:20 pm
Topic: RE: Yearly update. 14 years.

Dawn... you truly are an inspiration to all.... thank you for a great post!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! and I have had the pleasure of meeting Dawn... an awesome person!!

lexxiblue
on 7/16/20 3:14 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve 5 yrs ago, gained ALL back

I agree with Diminishing Dawn... there's a person on a Hamilton facebook group "Hamilton Bariatric Surgery Support Group and she also is a member of this forum; and she started with an RNY, then Sleeve and is now waiting for a DS... so I'd think you'd be a great candidate for a revision. There are also other RNYer's that have taken saxenda..not all successful mind you after they stopped taking saxenda... but myself I've tried Weigh****chers and have been successful until covid. Not sure where you live but something to think about! Good luck!!!

lexxiblue
on 6/30/20 1:40 pm
Topic: RE: PLEASE Recommend PLASTIC SURGEONS in Ontario through OHIP for SKIN REMOVAL

Dr Micheal Kreidstein, Scarborough did my abdominalplasty 6yrs ago!! Awesome surgeon!! IMO!!!

lexxiblue
on 7/29/19 4:50 am
Topic: RE: New Here

GREAT POST!! some need to remember, that WLS is a TOOL.. and not a solution... and after the honeymoon stage or even during when they've hit a stall... they start looking for a "diet" to go on... or they want to fast or just do shakes... isn't this why we had WLS to begin with?? that didn't work!! OUR heads need to make the tool survive... great post!!!

lexxiblue
on 5/5/19 5:46 pm
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

like you... i only told my hubby, son and sister... and the green eye'd monsters at work.. wanted to know all the secrets...as they always did when i was on a diet.. and like seriously.. if i told them.. were they going to try it too?? who cares how i lost the weight.. if they were really happy they should have just said that.. anyways..as you know i've been struggling lately.. joined all kinds of support groups... but.. always come back to the OH site! thanks for your continual postings!!

take care of you

lexxiblue
on 4/23/19 1:24 pm
Topic: RE: Pnniculectomy

Hey Maggs10.. i am in Belleville, via Hamilton 2 years ago.. had surgery in Hamilton 7 yrs ago, had abdominalplasty with Dr Michael Kreidstein 2 years out... 5 years ago.. and he is amazing!! in my opinion.. check out his website!! https://www.drkreidstein.com/ good luck!!

any questions... message me.... will be glad to help!

take care of you

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 4/23/19 1:21 pm
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

Hey crqvingchange...

i lurk around in here from time to time and see you are still posting what used to be birdiegirl's thing!!

the what are you eating/doing post!! good for you!!

great to see you're keeping it up!!

thanks for doing so!!

take care of you

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 4/23/19 1:06 pm
Topic: RE: Pannictomy

Hey Murphygirl.... I had a full abdominalplasty.. upgraded from a panni.... with Dr. Michael Kreidstein after being 2 years out.. i'm now 7 years out.. and for the money I spent ($6grand) i don't regret one cent.. just wish i had the extra to get my arms done!! In My OPINION .. he is amazing!! check out his website! https://www.drkreidstein.com/ he got rid of my c-section scar (mine was vertical) and gave me a new belly button!! i had no complications whatsoever!! and had to stay overnight because of the drive to hamilton from scarborough... good luck!!

lexxiblue
on 2/21/19 5:56 am
Topic: RE: Preop liquid diet (DID YOU CHEAT)

why would anyone think about cheating??? it's 3 maybe 4 weeks out of your life to be given an opportunity for a new, healthier life... a NEW WAY OF THINKING about eating???

sure it's hard to cut out eating.. to stop the chewing process.. but look at the rewards in the end.. to get healthier!!!

i'm not pointing out that anyone is going to cheat but why even think about it in the beginning??

i just don't understand!

lexxiblue
on 2/21/19 5:53 am
Topic: RE: REVISION QUESTION

thanks for replying... see you at the Spring Fling?????

lexxiblue
on 2/20/19 4:35 am, edited 2/19/19 8:35 pm

yes i too was lucky to follow the program as instructed and lost all of my weight and had a wonderful "a ha" moment... last a while but with life issues..the bad habits came back and now a regain has occurred.. i'm human.... it's life! BUT... yes... after losing the weight is when support is needed!!

and i too feel sorry for those entering now... it's awesome we are given this opportunity to get our weight under control.. i believe that's what this tool does for us.. sure the pounds peel off.. but it's dealing with it when we hit goal!!

sure, not everyone has problems/issues/regain!! and good for them!!!

and we could discuss this issue over and over and over!!!

lexxiblue
on 2/20/19 4:10 am

That's what I understood.. now.. it's 1 year and you're out! Even baseball players get 3 strikes!!!

That's really too tooo bad!!! and as Jennifer said previously contact the clinic.. i've had other WLS friends who have tried to contact the clinic to arrange for their follow-up appointments and never hear back so they just give up... that's they're choice - i think i'd still bug the clinic.. but i was fortunate enough not to have that problem.

My problem is maintenance and i think that's when I (we) need support more than ever... especially with the possible regain and head games!!

Oh well, it is what it is!!

lexxiblue
on 2/19/19 8:52 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone in Canada do Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?

geee, i never heard of it.. has anyone else???

lexxiblue
on 2/19/19 8:50 pm

Hey Jennifer... thanks for your comments... i'm not looking for a DS. but as you explained i remember it being a 2part possible for those who have had the sleeve as i know a couple who have had it performed, along with knowing someone who had the DS done in the states years ago. i just commented that i had seen a few people asking for a DS because they had either not lost enough weight in their minds or had a regain. Good luck to them and yourself!!! But, 7 years ago we were told 5 years and you're out.. and that's what it was when i had my 5 yr check up!

take care of you!!!

lexxiblue
on 2/18/19 5:23 pm

thanks for your explanation... my take on it was... "i haven't lost all my weight or i've had a regain.. so i'll see if i can get a DS".. unfortunately that's how i was seeing it! and yes i understand Dr Hong seemed to be the only surgeon at St Joe's... and that's great there are other surgeons performing the DS as well! i've moved away from the hamilton area and not too many are getting the DS where i now live. i was just wondering if that's what was happening.

take care of you! and thanks again!

lexxiblue
on 2/18/19 1:24 pm

OK.. i'm really not a dumb person... old maybe, but not dumb. I keep reading about people having or asking for a revision... usually from a VSG or RNY to a DS because they have usually had a regain. Is this common practice and most of the people are patients from St Joe's.. (where I had surgery 7 yrs ago and YES I too am one of those who have had a regain.. but I know why I regained!!!)... Is it that easy to get a DS these days?? and wouldn't it be a better option to receive some sort of counselling or therapy re: how we can beat food addiction, etc.? I know I went through some big changes and even an unexpected passing of my only sister so I turned to food for consoling... and yep, the frig became my best friend. I need to beat that addiction but that's MY story and issue. I'm not saying everyone has this problem... but was just wondering if the DS is that easy to get these days.. because we have gained 20, 30, 50lbs or even more??

lexxiblue
on 2/13/19 9:56 am
lexxiblue
on 2/13/19 9:51 am
Topic: RE: I'm going to be kicked out..

Gotta agree with SweetRide... post surgery is extremely difficult.. especially maintenance. I was obese my entire life.. and given this amazing tool.. which in the past year due to emotional eating and struggling with too many personal issues and big changes.. and death... i have regained. i am dealing with it and it's not easy!!! be upfront and honest with the dietitian... and if they defer you.. maybe they can suggest someone who can help you with your emotional eating.. and whatever else is causing you to overeat... gotta get a grip on it now. this is just a tool you are given... not a magic wand to end our eating issues unfortunately.. good luck!!!

lexxiblue
on 2/11/19 2:11 pm
Topic: RE: Wharton Clinic - Has anyone else tried?

Hey Beth

I wouldn't say you're bad... the operation isn't the be all and end all to our weight loss issues! I betcha there are a lot of us who have regained.... omg... I bet the percentage is very high!! We all have our reasons... myself I went through a lot of big changes the summer of 2017 and the sudden loss of my sister put me over the top... I haven't gained a lot back.. but I need to get back in control.. sooner than later!! So please... you're not bad!!! AND you're doing something about it too!!4

Take care of you

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 1/10/19 5:50 am
Topic: RE: TRY, TRY AGAIN.

Sometimes after the holidays it's hard to get back on track again. Maybe you've put on a few pounds and feel huge. Maybe you feel like you cannot control your eating. Please know this feeling will pass. Keep trying. Start over every minute if you have to. And eat dense protein. Even if you have to bake chicken for breakfast, do it. Make tasty, "safe" foods, such as stewed chicken and vegetables. Eat good foods you like at every meal until you start to feel more satisfied and in control. It's hard to feel yucky when you eat solid, healthy food. Get back to basics. Eat dense protein and well-prepared, nutrient-rich vegetables at every meal today.

Most Active
Recent Topics