What we are eating,and what's eating us!!!! Wednesday!!

Linda S.
on 3/25/08 8:28 pm, edited 3/26/08 12:35 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Wow, what with two Tuesdays, Wednesday came fast...grin! I have lost another 10 pounds, bringing my total to..drum roll..264 pounds. People may wonder how I got so large. I was already fat, but 3 years of steriods took me to greater weight. Thank God, I am recovering and see my goal in sight. My supervisor had the nerve to tell me I am not fat, how dare she!! People have spoken of stalls and how to break them. I have a copy of a plateau diet, there are many. Darlene, I believe has a copy on her profile. Darlene's profile deserves a look as it has a wealth of information. Here is one version, notice how it pushes protein. I am not advising anyone, just sharing info. I'm not sure who posted this originally but this may be what your looking for. Plateau Buster Diet How to break a plateau #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain s/f yogurt peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily  Darlene may have another, I can not get into her profile. Once again, here is a good idea of protein site. Someone asked me if I find it hard getting enough protein, it is not, it ia as easy as..well...pie..GRIN.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Linda S.
on 3/25/08 8:40 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

As we can see here, protein does not always have to be heavy to be powerful:            Foods High in Protein

Shortcut: An ounce of meat or fish has approximately 7 grams of protein.

Beef

• Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
  • Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
  • Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Chicken

• Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
  • Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
  • Drumstick – 11 grams
  • Wing – 6 grams
  • Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

Fish

• Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
  • Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein

Pork

• Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
  • Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
  • Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
  • Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
  • Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
  • Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams

Eggs and Dairy

• Egg, large - 6 grams protein
  • Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
  • Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
  • Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
  • Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
  • Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
  • Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz

Beans (including soy)

• Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
  • Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
  • Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
  • Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
  • Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
  • Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams

Nuts and Seeds

• Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
  • Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
  • Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
  • Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
  • Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
  • Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
  • Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 19 grams
  • Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams
How Much Protein Do You Need? High Protein Foods with Low Saturated Fat - Find out which cuts of beef are lowest in fat Vegetarian? Find out about getting enough protein using these Low Carb Vegetarian Resources

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Connie D.
on 3/26/08 12:34 am

Linda....thanks for posting this...it is just what I needed!!

Love you...Boo to you!

Linda S.
on 3/26/08 12:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I loves ya Boo. Angel (Deb) posted a great mushroom and low fat cheese soup, I thought I save it, but I did not. I bet if you add enough mushrooms, it can not be considered soup!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Connie D.
on 3/26/08 12:54 am

Hello again my dear friend Linda....Hope you are doing well today!!

I have a appointment with a client soon so this will be quick today.

B-Yogurt w/Kashi and cheese

S-fruit

L-Homemade Chili w/cheese

S-fruit

D-Talapia and veggie

S-SF pudding

Love and hugs to you sweetie....Boo to you!!

Linda S.
on 3/26/08 2:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Have a great day!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

fhgt48
on 3/26/08 12:48 pm - Caldwell, ID
You have done so well, Linda. You are a real inspiration.  I am having a lot of gas and have been very miserable for most of this week. I am taking all I can of the gas X. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. B: egg, milk s: pistachio nuts, milk L: Yogurt, cheese, 7 Wheat thins s: protein drink, Orange S: hamburger soup

Linda S.
on 3/26/08 1:24 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi there, do you think cutting down on the milk,and eggs may help? Good luck,good to see you.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

fhgt48
on 3/26/08 2:05 pm - Caldwell, ID
I thought about that, but I just did that today trying to get some more protein and also calories. I have been under 500 all week. I got 700 today. That is the most I ever get. I have had the gas with no milk, cheese or eggs. I am worse in the evening and I drank the milk and ate the egg this morning. I may try other things tomorrow. If I drink my protein late before bed, I get really a bad tummy ache like morning sickness. I am wondering about my gallbladder also. This has just started since my knee surgery. Thanks. I think I will skip the milk tomorrow. Diana

annette R.
on 3/25/08 9:17 pm - ithaca, NY
Little Sister - CONGRATULATIONS Oh my goodness, this must feel like some weird dream to you. The GOOD type. Words can't describe the joy I am feeling for you.  Some days, struggling as I carry heavy bags of groceries in the house, I stop and recall the huge amount of weight I used to carry on my body each day. My weight loss isn't as dramatic as yours has been, but MY OH MY, I can relate to the relief. Think about hefting 265 pounds worth of groceries. Betcha couldn't do that. Good job!! B - cottage cheese, berries, Kashi L - salad with tuna D- chicken and broccoli (I'm sprouting feathers and beginning to cluck) S - apple and peanut butter I tried to find the site Lynn uses with no luck at all. HELP LYNN? Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views