OVER 70!!in

BWB
on 3/7/12 4:05 am
 When I first started investigating WLS I was close to 70 yrs. and noticed that several surgeons were cutting the age to mid 60s but I did find someone from a reputable group that would take me.  
Well, I lost confidence in them and was moving too so I dropped the idea for a couple of years.  Last 
April the 15th, 2011, I started my search over again but this time I was 72 yrs.  I did find a wonderful surgeon at the IU University School of Medicine and did not flinch at my age at all.  

To be brief, I am now 6 months out and feel like a new girl again.  So if you are a senior citizen, active and want a second chance at life,  I .encourage you to start your search for a weight loss solution like I did.  I am now 73 and feel like 50, love fashion, gardening, and art  AND I have the energy to do it.  I still love to cook and entertain, I just don't eat much of it.  

I have noticed people posting with statements of being 50 or 60 and sounding like they are old...I was prompted to post.  Age is just a number.

Margo M.
on 3/7/12 6:32 am - Elyria, OH
you are so right-age IS just a number!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

MillieJ
on 3/7/12 2:44 pm
 CONGRATULATIONS......    I have a friend in her late 60's who won't have surgery due to her age.  According to her...  life is almost over .... so why bother......    

I'm going to let her read what you wrote......    I think she will do very well with her surgery and will be quite happy with her life afterwards.

Thanks for Posting

Millie 

Connie D.
on 3/8/12 12:59 am
Good for you! I am so glad you didn't give up. Congrats on making a life changing decision!

Age is only a number......I feel at least 10 years younger and people think I am 10-15 years younger then I am.....I enjoy life so much more these days!!

HUGS.....connie d
bjalberta
on 3/8/12 1:03 am - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
 ... So many things are much better with age!  ... I think I'm a lot smarter too... and really, I don't give a hoot what people think about me these days... Life is good!!   : )

BJ

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
Judy G.
on 3/8/12 6:10 am - Galion, OH

CONGRATS!!!!! I am now 59 and feel alot younger since WLS...got compliments that I do NOT look my age at all infact my boyfriend tells everyone I am 44....LOL

HUGS

calculady
on 3/23/12 11:08 am
VSG on 04/03/12
 Thanks so much for your post! I just started a thread hoping to get info on this topic.  I'm 60 and have a surgery date for April 3 .  I'm concerned about my age though. You stated exactly what I needed to hear.

BWB
on 3/23/12 12:30 pm
 Good for you.  My surgeon required every medical test that I can imagine so I felt good about the results going into surgery.  The only thing that I didn't do and regret it is to exercise pre-op.  I am doing it now and very strenuously.  With the good weather that we are having I work in the garden 3 or 4 hours on top of going to the gym.  I feel great, sleep well, and can't wait to get up and start all over every day.

You can walk, ride a bike, or do your thing at home but for me the gym works best.  I can set my resistance levels, set timers, or count calories and repetitions.  The equipment shows what each machine does for different muscles and how to use it.  

Good luck in April.  I'll be watching for your post op comments.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views