The Anticipation is killing me...

rhearob
on 9/9/12 6:16 pm - TN

I'm at T-24 days until my LBL.  I am opting for the full slate - Fleur-De-Lis Abdominoplasty, Muscle Repair (I have about a 1 inch separation in my abdominals), Thigh Lift, and butt Lift.

Its important to me to have all of this extra skin gone.  It gets in my way constantly, it hurts me when I exercise, it wakes me up at night, it rolls under me and behind my back when I sit.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, I am having an impossible time just imagining what I will look like afterward.  What sizes I will wear? what would it be like having a flat stomach and pubic region?  This skin has been a part of me for so long that I just have no idea what it will be like to live without it.  I am just starting to get used to the idea that I do not weight 350 lbs or wear a size 60 pant.  What will life be like being proportioned like a normal person?

Are there any guys out there with before and after photos with a similar weight loss (150-160 lbs) who had been overweight their entire life who are willing to share?  I know that no two outcomes will be identical.  I have seen whats in my surgeons gallery - but its mostly women.  

I think my expectations are realistic - I know I won't come out of this looking like a male model - I just want to be able to exercise with my shirt off or not needing an acre of spandex holding everything in place.  

Thanks in advance.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

econtiff
on 9/9/12 6:24 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Wait, what? 

You're having surgery already??? I didn't know you had investigated all of this. I totally understand the extra skin being a pain but I thought you had to let your weight loss settle or whatever? 

Please tell me about this!

My opinion is ---- you'll look awesome!!
rhearob
on 9/9/12 6:34 pm - TN

The typical guidance is to wait a year, I'm waiting 11 months, LOL.

I had my first consultation when I hit goal.  I gave myself a few months to maintain and keep healing from my previous surgeries.  

Honestly, I just cant stand the irritation from the skin anymore.  Its getting in the way of everything - even buying clothes.  Plus, as I always say - I didn't come all this way to go half way.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

econtiff
on 9/9/12 6:39 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
I definitely agree with you. You deserve to look your best.

I just thought they meant a year after you hit goal weight?

Is insurance covering since it's interfering with your daily life? 
acbbrown
on 9/9/12 8:47 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Thanks for hijacking my brain and posting it on OH!!

JK - im in the same boat. Except I'm driving myself so crazy I had to get a super strong anti-anxiety to deal with it :-p

OH is going to be full of a bunch of skinny *****es next year :) I can't wait to follow your progress since I'm going to be about 6 weeks behind you. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Don 1962
on 9/10/12 2:40 am
No pics but good wishes in 24 days.  Been to a couple of consults but little leary of going all in and getting LBL done.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

jenngirl
on 9/9/12 10:47 pm, edited 9/9/12 10:48 pm
VSG on 06/25/12

IMO, you already look great! I think you are going to look and feel fabulous once you have completed the process to the nth degree!! I cannot wait to see your after pictures. I cannot wait for you to be able to excercise and sleep without worrying about the excess skin (or having it worry you, to be exact). Lots of luck to you!!

Same goes to you Allison!! I can't wait to see you after either. I have been following you guys since the beginning of my time here on OH! I look so forward to seeing you both following your goals through!!

Love and hugs to you both!!

acbbrown
on 9/10/12 11:50 am - Granada Hills, CA
Thanks!  It's coming up soon.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ohiomomx2
on 9/12/12 1:02 pm - West Chester, OH
Hi there!  How did they figure out that you have a 1 inch separation in your stomach muscles?  I was wondering if the doctor could tell if the muscle was stretched out just by examination or if they would have to see it during surgery.
Thanks,
Jen

Ohiomomx2
40 years old
6'3 (yep, I'm tall)
RNY 3/08
Starting weight 378
Current weight 198
Lowest weight 190
rhearob
on 9/12/12 1:45 pm - TN

He did an examination and measured it.