would you do it over again? the same, or with differences?

Needanewbeginning
on 1/7/15 10:12 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Aww your so sweet pal!

So great to have this amazing place to meet each other and share our experiences!

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 2:19 am - Canada

This group is incredibly supportive, and I have been reading this forum and the RNY forum for information and help long before I had the RNY. Since I live alone, I'm hoping that daily visits by a home care nurse will be sufficient physical support, as long as I am well organized ahead of time. I will board my dogs for one or two weeks to make sure they get good care while I am out of commission.

Do you think that will be enough, or would you recommend moving into a convalescent facility for a week or so?

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Ihearttennis
on 1/9/15 5:57 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

What procedures are you going to have at once?  Boarding the dogs is a definite.  Rather than a convalescent facility do you have a friend or family member that could help out? There are definitely ways to plan ahead of things you will need which will help. I'm sure there are people who have done it on their own, I have heard of people going to Mexico by themselves to have it done. 

I will say plastics was a harder recovery than the VSG, at least for me. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

dory
on 1/18/15 11:43 pm - PA

I am now 4 days out from fairly large tummy tuck and lipo.  Can get around quite easiliy on my own, can cook, take shower, drain fluids, etc.  1st 3 days were tough, after that, no problem.  Everyone is different, but my age being what it is (65) I expected a much harder time than what I've had. 

Ihearttennis
on 1/19/15 12:29 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

That is wonderful news! I'm so glad you are doing well. Did you have the muscle tightening? That to me was the hardest part. 

dory
on 1/23/15 9:41 am, edited 1/23/15 9:49 am - PA

Thank goodness, I didn't need the muscle tightening.  Somehow, even with all the fat piled on top, my muscles were still very strong, and will do whatever work the support garments leave behind for me to manage once I stop wearing them.  Hopefully anyhow. 

The hardest thing for me was to let my stomach all the way out.  I'm so used to holding it in as far as possible that when I finally let go, I was so humiliated, I started to cry.  I don't think I've ever stood in front of anyone with it all hanging loose.  I actually had to think about how to do it and consciously decide to relax the muscles slowly.  

Nikke2003
on 1/7/15 9:40 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I would absolutely do it over and over again. I would choose the same procedures and the same surgeon. I had an extended arm lift, lower body lift, and breast lift done all at the same time and it cost $19,500. I'm a little over 3 months out and am beyond happy with my experience and the results. I would certainly do it again - it was worth the money, to me.

If you'd like to take a look at pictures, check out my blog (address in the signature line) and use the password capella2014 for all protected posts!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Ihearttennis
on 1/7/15 9:53 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

You look amazing, Nikke.  I really appreciate you sharing your story and pictures.  Before my surgery I must have read your plastic posts 5 times hoping I would have results like yours!  

Needanewbeginning
on 1/7/15 10:13 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You look fantastic Nikke! I wish I could have done them all at the same time.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Nikke2003
on 1/9/15 1:05 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you! For me, all at once was definitely the way to go. I think I will *probably* go back and do the thighs... maybe in a year!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active