would you do it over again? the same, or with differences?

Nikke2003
on 1/9/15 1:06 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you so much! I really really need to get on the ball with writing another update!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/11/15 3:51 am, edited 1/11/15 4:40 am - TN

Wow, Nikke! I checked out your blog pics and you look AMAZING! I have always thought I would consider plastics in a little bit (after I figure out some other stuff...do I want to have kids soon? what kind of house am I doing to buy?), and at times I even wondered if I couldn't be happy without plastics, but after seeing your pictures I know I would LOVE to have similar results.

You have probably already described this somewhere in detail, but could you tell me (or link me to the place where you've already discussed this) your personal recovery time for those procedures? Do you work outside of the home and if so, how long were you out of work?

ETA: Ahh, I scrolled down in the blog and founds lots of info. :) Thanks!

Thanks,

Lindsey

Nikke2003
on 1/12/15 1:44 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey, thanks for the compliments! I wasn't sure if you said you found all the information... but I took 4 weeks off from work. I don't have a really physically demanding job though - just at my desk and meetings here and there. I could have gone back in 2 1/2 if I had a sedentary job and absolutely HAD to go back!

Just let me know if you have any other questions!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

dory
on 1/23/15 9:44 am - PA

I would love to have been able to get everything fixed at once, but we're retired and that was as much as I could afford this time.  Now that my belly is going to look great (I'm already so happy, I wouldn't be too upset if it didn't shrink anymore) I want to get my thighs done really bad.  I didn't realize how bad they'd loo****il I see a flat stomach under me, then look down and see the huge thigh rolls between my legs.

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 2:11 am, edited 1/8/15 2:23 am - Canada

Thanks Nikke, I will look at the pictures. Visual feedback is really important!

-----------

Looked at the photos and your results are fantastic! I was especially impressed at the area under the arm leading to the breast - I have a lot of really baggy skin there, and your photos show that area has been addressed and (in your case) made totally problem-free. Your surgeon did an excellent job!

(edited to add comments after viewing the pictures)

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Nikke2003
on 1/9/15 1:05 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thanks!!

My favorite part is that my lady bits are no longer hidden... I have to say wearing smaller underwear has been almost the best part of all of this!! haha.... plastics can do so much for your mental health, that's for sure lol

ravenbrown
on 1/7/15 10:57 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I was told by the surgeons I saw that I would most likely scar quite well because of my fairness.  My scars got really dark and took longer than my PS thought they would to lighten up, but they really have in the last few months.  I had a LBL and BA/BL in April 2014.  I'm happy to show photos of what my scar looks like now.  I would definitely do those surgeries again with the same surgeon.  My results have been amazing, and the recovery (while exhausting and somewhat painful because of the muscle tightening) was more than worth it.  The jury is still out on the thigh lift with short vertical incision I had, but that's to be expected.  Even my PS told me he could give me an amazing tummy and amazing boobs, but just good thighs.  They do look better, but the recovery was a mess.  I had a bad infection in one leg, a seroma then a hematoma in the other leg.  I will be getting some scar revision on one leg (the infection caused scar widening) and some light lipo at the end of the incisions because it puffs out a bit some time this year, but all in all they do look better just not totally sure it was worth it.  I think that mainly has to do with how amazing the LBL & BA/BL were with immediate results. 

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 2:36 am - Canada

Yes, I would be interested in seeing the photos of your scar: it's encouraging to know that they will lighten up! I had a look at your photos on the forum link, but didn't see plastic surgery images - is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I considered having the inner thigh lift too, but it seems to be an area prone to complications, so hasn't made it to the top of my list yet.

ravenbrown
on 1/8/15 2:44 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

This is from yesterday.  The scar on the right side of photo is darker because I had a slight revision a couple months ago to bring it down a bit.

photo photo_zps50005b8b.jpg

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 3:03 am - Canada

The scarring is way lighter than I had expected! and it will be totally hidden by underwear or a bathing suit while healing. Thanks so much for posting this, it is really encouraging.

Most Active