would you do it over again? the same, or with differences?

Sherrie P.
on 1/9/15 11:10 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I had arm lift, breast lift and abdominoplasty at the same time.

I would indeed do it again.

Good luck with your plastics.  

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/15 3:58 am

I try to objectively listen to my patients after they have undergone the various bariatric plastic surgery procedures and my patients would overwhelmingly still do the procedures again. Yes, there is the pain, the expenses and recovery but I think most of you do want to "complete your journey" whi*****ases is and has been long! Dr.Domanskis

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors  Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Stacy_WLS
on 1/12/15 8:58 am

I had a LBL, BL/BA & small thigh lift.  I might skip the small thigh lift -- or go for the full thigh lift if I had to do is again -- I'm not sure.  Everything else is wonderful and I would do it again -- complications & all.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/12/15 8:42 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I had LBL with muscle tightening, BL with small implants so no augmentation, just an enhanced look with upper pole fullness, small thigh lift. Would do it all again in a heart beat but probably the extended thigh lift would have given better results. I also would bite the bullet and go to a plastic surgeon who knows how to adjust the skin of someone who has lost 100 lbs. I went to a good PS locally but not someone who has particularly worked on former MO patients. He did a good job and he does excellent incision work and scarring is really minimal but he was conservative in the tightening and the pulling. The skin elasticity is something that needs to be considered very carefully. So when I am sitting down there is a bit of a sag. Standing up it's pretty tight. I didn't do the arm lift because everyone said (including the doc) that the scar would not be worth the result but in the end I think it would have been. Still might go for it one day. 

So my advice would be to carefully pick the surgeon and travel if you have to. The results will be worth it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active