would you do it over again? the same, or with differences?

ravenbrown
on 1/8/15 3:05 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

It's completely hidden even in the tiniest of undies :)  I've worn bikinis too.  Before my belly button lightened up, I just used waterproof concealer to cover the redness.

Nikke2003
on 1/9/15 1:08 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Ahhhh, I have been meaning to message you to see if whether or not the jury was still out on the inner thigh lift. I really think I want to do it, but it's so hard to decide if it's worth the scar and the $6,300 cost!! ugh!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 1/9/15 1:12 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Jury is still out.  I could hide lose skin in relatively short shorts, now I have a scar half way down my leg with this strange pooch below the end of the incision.  They obviously look better at the top than they did, but I will definitely need a revision.  I'm going for a consult in February, but I spoke with my PS in December about it and he thinks I just need a little lipo for the pooches and some scar revision for the wide scar that happened because of the infection.  I can PM you photos if you'd like.  I'm hoping to be happy after the revision.  It doesn't help that depression and all the issues I had following that particular surgery made me gain about 10 pounds (OK, obviously food and alcohol did that, but you know what I mean) so I'm just trying to take it easy on myself and get back to where I'm comfortable.

jeterway
on 1/8/15 12:06 am

I am brca1 so I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen that was covered by my insurance.  Not quite a tummy tuck but most of it.  I then had a hernia repair right behind my bariatric scar - that was also picked up by insurance.  I then went on to have a thigh lift, brachioplasty, and a face lift.  Each procedure was done one at a time - to be honest, I never thought that I would go that far.  But as each of my worst things got done, something else didn't look right - so I kept going.  This made recovery easier as it was just one area and gave me an opportunity to tweak what was done before.  I would absolutely do it all again.  The breast reconstruction was done by a ps recommended by my breast surgeon.  He is the one that referred me to another ps in the practice to do the remaining work.  Both of them did wonderful jobs and I would have no issue using them again.  Pain wasn't really an issue for me in any of these procedures except for a day or two, recovery wasn't too bad either other than being house bound for a few days to a couple of weeks.  I did have one complication along the way which the ps handled with great concern and care.  No regrets for having taken this journey at all.  I would recommend getting your weight stable for some time - whether you reach goal or your body just says this is enough.  That is actually one of the first conversations that you will have with the ps.  How much you can combine will also be something to discuss with him/her.  Good luck in your journey. 

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 2:44 am - Canada

It is great to hear how happy you are with the procedures, and no regrets! You look great!

I agree that the weight should be stable before proceeding, and have heard anything from 3 months to 2 years, so will be guided by the surgeon. The idea of combined surgeries is to minimized costs and downtime, and it sounds like that is determined by the surgeon too!

Thanks for the feedback!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Crazeru
on 1/8/15 3:37 am

I went to Monterrey Mexico in 2011 with Dr Sauceda when I was almost 59.  I had a lower body lift, breast lift w/reduction in my left to make them the same size, arm lift and small thigh lift (inside groin area only).  4 days later I had a full neck & face lift include upper and lower lids.  I was in Mexico for 14 days and in the clinic with 24/7 nursing care for 7 days.  The last 7 days I was at the Hampton Inn and Dr Sauceda's RN, Paty came daily to help me shower and to redress all my stitches and get me back into my compression garment.  I went back in 2013 for an upper body lift.  My pics are in the Photo section of Dr Sauceda's group here on OH.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.  My pics are also in the different folders showing the different procedures.  I had zero complications and feel like a normal woman now.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

life_mirrors_art
on 1/8/15 11:05 am - Canada

You had a lot done in a very short time period and the results are fantastic! Thanks for outlining the aftercare - that gives me an idea of what I will need if all 3 procedures are done at the same time.

Crazeru
on 1/8/15 12:31 pm

If you have your arms done, make sure you move everything that's high, down to the counter.  You don't want to over stretch reaching for anything.  I was off for 8 weeks.  I was tired when I went back to work, but I was out dancing west coast swing at 3 months.  I was off with my DS for 2 months too.  This was easier recovering than my DS.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

life_mirrors_art
on 1/9/15 4:44 am - Canada

Thanks to everyone for your input - now I can start researching surgeons and costs!

sk8muffsmom
on 1/9/15 6:45 am - Canada

Yes, in a heartbeat! After losing 100lbs+ by WW & after three large c-section babies I realized that my skin was so damaged that I would never feel good about my body without plastics. So my research started...... I really didn't realized that my pannus was so large until then?(grade 3). I saw 2 plastic surgeons; first one was ok...... second one was the Dr. I ended up going with and as soon as that first consultation, I knew he was the one for me. I live in Ontario(GTA) and my Dr. applied on my behalf to OHIP for a panniculectomy, hernia repair( which was a given) and a breast lift and reduction. I was approved for everything and at that time only paid for lipo. Everything was done at the end of January 2014. Recovery wasn't bad but I seem to have a high tolerance to pain. (lucky for me) a month ago today I went in for a second surgery,  thigh lift and a scar revision for my tummy(he made it even tighter). I'm so thrilled and feel better now than when I was 25. I'm 55 years old and fair skinned, only scars that will show will be my inner thighs but they will fade in time and would only be visible if I have my legs open. And in my opinion look much better then the rolls of lose skin. Good Luck with your journey.

Most Active