TTC, PCOS, and RouenY

Korlis
on 11/18/11 10:44 am - CA
Congrats on ur two girls and I'm sry to hear about the miscarriage. I'm hoping for a full term on ur next try! Thank you so much for your input!

About my periods, I was somewhat regular for about 5-6 mos immediately before surgery...but after surgery i had two light periods...last one was in June. Since then nothing...not a single spot.

I thought I would regulate! So frustrating...I emailed my NP today, just waiting to hear something back from her. Thank you again :)
Highest Weight: 421
Surgery Weight: 369
Current Weight: 250
stacey0523
on 11/18/11 10:33 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I have PCOS, concieved my first with metformin but this one (I am 35 weeks) was a opps baby 9 months post op and no meds.  I am not sure if my PCOS got better or went away but my cycles got shorter.  Good luck when you start TTC, I hope you get the family you are longing for!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
Korlis
on 11/18/11 10:45 am - CA
I tried metformin for a LONG time. No success for me. Went all the way up to injections...still nothing.

So exciting for an oops baby...can I have an oops baby? lmao

Thank you so much for the well wishes and taking the time to post a ray of hope :)
jent0082
on 11/18/11 12:10 pm - Hartsville, SC
Hi there..congrats on the weight loss so far. I also had PCOS pretty bad, was on metformin, tried clomid and even did a round of injectibles and nothing my body didn't respond at all. Had weight loss surgery in April 2008 and by March 2009 was pregnant with no intervention. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby ( no intervention needed) and I know without WLS I would have never had any babies. Having kids was my main reason for having surgery. We had tried for 8 years with no sucess and honestly ( sorry TMI) we had sex twice in June and I got pregnant this time so it really jump started my fertility when I lost the weight. I was always one to go months between periods but about 8 months after surgery they normalized so I assume that's when the PCOS got under control. Best of luck to you!! I'm sure it will be much easier now that the weight is gone!!
Korlis
on 11/18/11 12:27 pm - CA
Oh my!! So encouraging to have read your post! Your situation sounds very much like mine and I'm so hoping I can mirror you!

Wow...no intervention. How amazing is that?! So many take it for granted to be able to get preggo so easily so for us to get preg with or even without intervention it's a true miracle. I cannot wait for the day that I can post my story for someone else looking for some encouragement!

I'm 8mos post op now...so I'm really hoping for my body to get it together already. I still have about 80lbs until I hit my goal. I started out very heavy...so I had a LOT to lose.

Hoping and praying that my PCOS subsides and is merciful with me and allowing us to finally start our family. We've been TTC for 13yrs...thirteen! Ugh...so ready to be a mommy :(

Thank you again...very very inspiring!
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 10:34 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I was never officially diagnosed with PCOS, but my last PCP had sort of mentioned it was a possibility. After all, I have insulin resistance to the point of type 2 diabetes and had to have emergency surgery at age 16 to remove multiple ovarian cysts, including one 10 INCHES in diameter, and the ovary it killed.

I will say I had surgery at age 26, and I had never TTC before. I'd been on hormonal birth control ever since I had my ovary removed - the birth control helps to prevent cysts from growing. I went off my last round of birth control in June of this year and got pregnant in my very next cycle after my period.

Since I hadn't tried TTC previously, I can't say for sure why it worked so easily for us, but I can't help but think the major weight loss helped immensely. I thought we would be TTC for MONTHS since I only have one ovary left! I had even planned out that we would try on our own for 6 months before seeking medical assistance, and I'd even talked to my husband about his openness to adopting.
Korlis
on 11/19/11 3:33 am - CA
Crazy awesome! One ovary and preg your first cycle. So amazing. Congratulations!
Jennifer H.
on 11/19/11 12:44 am - stockton, CA
Yes after my son I put on lots of weight we tried for six years after him and nothing Doctors said I had PCOS.Two years after surgey well 19 months doctors gave me ok and was pregnant in four months.After the lose of our girls we then started tring again and when the doctor said ok he figured it would take four to six months and with in a month I was pregnant.There is hope.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Korlis
on 11/19/11 3:34 am - CA
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine that happening. Thank you for sharing that and thank you for the ray of hope. I really need it right now and I appreciate it. Congrats on ur new little one comin' along :)
heathe923
on 11/22/11 4:43 am - Mendon, MI
Hi Korlis,

We are in the same boat! I had surgery in April of 2010, and the Doc "gauranteed" it to be easy for me to get pregnant once I lost the weight. I have lost about 150 lbs, and still having trouble conceiving. I am on my 7th cycle of clomid with no luc****ep reading of all these ladies here that are "clomid resistant" and I am wondering if that is soemthing I should look into, because they keep wanting to increase my dosage. I have not had many months with viable follicles. I am frustrated and dont know where to look for help. I dont have anyone that has struggled with fertility like me, and I am tired of hearing when the time is right it wil lhappen...It's nice to know that I am not going through this alone, and to hear other stories....hopefully things will start to look up for both of us soon.

~ Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1239 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views