Rny revision

kessie
on 10/24/17 6:30 pm

Has anyone had a revision from th rny to something. I never hit goal and have gain a lot of weight back and looking for help.

Trying to get my eating reigned in but checking into other ways to help

TIA

ladygodiva1228
on 10/25/17 11:46 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

From what I have seen and I know of one person IRL that had a rny revision the results are less than a 30lb loss. A friend of mine went from band to bypass to overstitch. She is almost back to where she started when she went for the band. She refuses to give up alcohol and eating what she wants to eat. Her tools were not defective it was her that failed the surgeries.

You need to look at why you gained weight back. If it is because of what and how much you are eating no WLS in the world is going to work.

If the weight gain is due to a mechanical failure which would be determined by an endoscopy then maybe you can have that fixed, but again the weight loss is not going to be much.

Wish I could give you more positive information. Best of luck.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Gwen M.
on 10/25/17 11:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Luckily - you still have a functional tool in your RNY! But unless you fix your brain, no revision in the world will help you to lose weight permanently. Are you seeing a therapist?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/25/17 12:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Why did you gain weight back? Was it because of mechanical failure of your RNY? Or is it due to user error?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amy R.
on 10/25/17 12:06 pm

Until you get your "eating reigned in" there is no revision that will help you.

The good news is though that you can fix your eating if you're willing to try a few things and you won't even need a revision surgery.

When was your surgery, how much did you lose and regain, what does a typical day of eating look like for you? We can help maybe if we can have some more details? I've personally had two big regains of 40+ and 50 pounds and have been able to lose them both. Many of us regain at least some after a year or two postop because we lose the malabsorption part of our surgery. But we can re-lose and we can even end up thinner than we got immediately postop if we make adjustments.

Can you give us some details?

hollykim
on 10/26/17 2:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM Pacific Time, kessie wrote:

Has anyone had a revision from th rny to something. I never hit goal and have gain a lot of weight back and looking for help.

TIA

there is nothing to revise to after the RNY. Often it is user error. What does a day of eating look like for you?

stacyrg
on 10/27/17 1:05 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

To the OP, I know that there may be extenuating cir****tances and this might just be a personal pet peeve of mine, but you reached out for assistance and people offered some good responses/asked some pertinent questions so that they might help you more and you respond with silence. People may be better able to help if you engage in a dialogue with them once they take the time to respond.

dcopehp
on 10/30/17 12:07 pm - New York, NY

The most common revision is to have the DS or SIPS procedure. It's extremely complicated and you will need an experienced surgeon.

Margaret55
on 11/20/17 3:40 am

That's what I was seeking out to have the duodenal switch. But Doctor said its a big complicated and high risk surgery. He could do it, but does not advise it.

MarinaGirl
on 11/20/17 2:28 pm
On November 20, 2017 at 11:40 AM Pacific Time, Margaret55 wrote:

That's what I was seeking out to have the duodenal switch. But Doctor said its a big complicated and high risk surgery. He could do it, but does not advise it.

Have you tried meeting with an experienced DS surgeon for a consult? Just because it's a challenging surgery shouldn't preclude you from selecting a surgeon that is capable of doing it for you. Do more research and get a second or third opinion.

Most Active
Recent Topics