AllThatGlittersIsntGold’s Posts

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 11/7/20 6:54 pm
Topic: RE: Which insurance companies approved your revision?

your insurance information is requesting more information from your provider, which means your provider was provided with that information and either they will reach out or you can be proactive and reach out to them and ask what they need. You may try and call insurance as well and a nice rep may give you that information

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 10/31/20 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: Which insurance companies approved your revision?

They are obligated to follow a legal turnaround time. I am with Cigna and I knew they have 30 days to respond but they responded with 5 business days. I was denied, had a peer to peer, resubmitted, and approved all within a month's time.

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 9/20/20 5:17 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric plication revision

post isn't that old! lol

have you had any testing done since surgery? like an upper GI or barium swallow?

I had both done in 2018 and have confirmed that I have stretched out my stomach. I have since repeated the EGD last week and will be scheduling revision surgery soon.

I have consulted with four bariatrics surgeons. It was easy for me to pick which surgeon to go with because I ultimately picked the surgeon that had experience revising a gastric plication and is confident in his ability to convert me to a sleeve and do a loop ds/modified DS.

His practice has a lot more experience dealing with revision patients and will be submitting my case as a technical failure and as such I don't need to jump through so many hoops like a new patient. The other practices had less experience with revision surgeries and were willing to operate on me but for insurance purposes were treating me as a new patient.

Overall my options were; gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, duodenal switch, loop DS.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 8/28/20 3:34 pm
Topic: RE: Revising from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S

Would you be getting resleeved in the process ?

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 8/28/20 3:02 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric plication revision

Hi all!

I had gastric plication back in 2014. I reached goal weight in 2015 and gained all the weight back + an additional 90 lbs since. (Yikes)

I had gastric plication originally in Mexico because my BMI was low. I am located in NJ and with two young children would prefer to stay in the tristate area.

i am meeting with Dr. Dakin and Dr. Roslin in the next two weeks. Any reviews of the above and recommendations ?

i would like to be converted to a sleeve but I am open to considering DS considering my current BMI is 49

Most Active
Recent Topics