pt 2..pre-op ? what was ur starting weight? asking because

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/13/11 6:42 am, edited 6/13/11 6:47 am
I recieved a couple of messages asking why I was having rny because my bmi is low compared to others and my weight is low as well(4 real?). I currently weigh 198 but bounce back to 200 back and forth frequently. Planing to lose 70-80 pounds. Have hpothyroidism,hypertension,and weight sticks from meds with roids.

Thanks to all that respond.Just want to know.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Jody ***
on 6/13/11 6:47 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
You're a Lightweight.  This question happens with us often - even though we have the comorbidites and the health issues that others have and can only be resolved by losing weight.   I had it happen to me right in the waiting room of my surgeons office. 

Come visit us on the Lightweight Board. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MSW will not settle
on 6/13/11 8:00 am
   I had it happen to me right in the waiting room of my surgeons office. 
Me too.  Someone in my pre op education class thought I was post op then proceeded to tell me I did not need surgery.  Yeah, like she knows my isues. 
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/13/11 6:53 am

That's exactly why I want the surgery. I think some are forgetting that cormid. patients can be approved for rny as well. Yes, I am overweight for my height(4'10). I became this heavy from meds. Yes, I do eat but not alot in a day. I will eat 3 meals and about 2-3 snacks a day if that. The snacks are usually pineapple chunks because I love them sooo much.

thanks for ur response.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/13/11 6:55 am - OH
It used to be that they would not even DO any type of WLS unless you needed to lose 100 pounds.  Personally, I would not have had WLS (especially not a RNY or DS) if all I had needed to lose was 80 pounds.  (It just wouldn't have been worth not taking NSAIDS ever and having to take so many vitmains FOR LIFE just to lose that amount of weight... for ME.)  My highest recorded weight was 332 and I was 324 the day of surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ashley K.
on 6/13/11 6:56 am
I am 5'9" and started at 313lbs; BMI 46.2.  Current weight 181, and BMI 26.7.

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 7:00 am - Boston, MA
 I would not have RNY to lose 70-80 lbs, it wouldn't be worth the vitamin deficiencies and not being able to take NSAID's for life.  I think the sleeve is a better choice when you don't need to lose as much weight.  Good luck
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/13/11 7:04 am
Dr. Lee actually siggested losing 90 pounds. I told her that I think that is entirely too small so we discussed 115-120.
My highest weight have been 140 and shapely wearing 8-12's depending on the clothing brand.
I knew something was wrong when I kept gaining weight and I walked alot and I knew I was'nt preggo.

Jody ***
on 6/13/11 7:13 am, edited 6/13/11 7:13 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Being 4'10" you may be surprised just how small you really are (boned wise anyway).  We have several on our board that are 4'10" and have gotten down comfortably to 110 or lower.  They also set their goal weight higher.  That's perfectly normal as we have a very hard time seeing ourselves that small - but it can happen. 

At this point let your body decide what it wants to lose.  I lost 93 lbs with my RNY, and have had some bounce back (actually regain) and wished I had gone a little lower (I was 125).  I'm 5'3"

We've also had some very successful VSG'ers too.  Explore the surgeries and see which one is best for you.  If you have diabetes, RNY will help you resolve that faster.  Some of us our metabolism was just plain broke - and I know my RNY helped me with that.

How many of us have lost weight but only to regain it all again because we couldn't keep it off?  Its the same for everyone.

Good luck with your decisions!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

acbbrown
on 6/13/11 7:12 am - Granada Hills, CA
Honestly, while I wouldnt have surgery for 80lbs, its YOUR body, YOUR health, YOUR life. No one has the right to tell you that you shouldn't. It's a medical decision between you and your doctor. If it's what you need to do to get healthy and live longer, more power to you!

Good luck!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~