Saw surgeon today; at least we have a "plan"

Lady Lithia
on 6/29/11 11:22 am
I'm glad you have a PLAN!

Now, best case..... you have no more pain flare ups!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/29/11 12:10 pm - OH
Yes... I'm hoping to scare it into disappearing, LOL... but after a year of this nonsense, I'm NOT holding my breath.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amy R.
on 6/30/11 12:27 am

TOTALLY second what Lithia said. 

Just so glad for you that you found someone who listened and is working with you.  It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

Take Care Lora.  =)

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 12:17 pm
So glad he's willing to work with you and took you seriously... seems like he's the first one who doesn't think it's acceptable for you to just deal with the pain.  It's about TIME someone listened and is willing to try to help...

Not hoping for any pain for you in the near future, but at least you know now that something will be done about it.  Let's hope when it happens that he finds something and fixes it.  Until then, bask in the satisfaction of knowing someone cares and is going to try to help you.

tori
lovinme4ever
on 6/29/11 12:25 pm
I am sorry you are dealing with this. I will pray for you. I am glad that you now have a plan. I pray that it all works out for you.
Lovinme4ever    
Cherylkas
on 6/29/11 1:35 pm - PA
 I am so glad he listened to you . And that you have a plan on what to do next. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

immafatgirl
on 6/29/11 1:38 pm - KY
pain on a day to day basis has to be overwhelmong. im glad ur surgeon is taking care of you the best of his ability ... its about time.. wishing u a better day soon..
Carrie W.
on 6/29/11 2:03 pm - KY
I'm so glad this guy listened and you all have a plan!!! I can't imagine how relieved you are. Good luck and I also hope this scares it into submission!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Siui80
on 6/30/11 12:42 am
I am sorry that you are going through so much but I really hope you get to the bottom of it and delighted you are now working with a surgeon you like and trust. Best of luck x
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/11 3:04 am
Lora, I am glad you got a great doc.

I hope they can find the main reason and fix it.  I had hernia surgery.. and a 10 days later - very similar episodes of pain started again.  Almost year after the first surgery - I had a second one.... It was another hernia. My doc fixed it... such a relief.

I do not wish you have hernia... but hope that that what it is or something that can be easily fixed. And once fixed - you can have more "normal" life.   Please keep us posted.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 105 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?